Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
Develops and maintains full stack solutions to fit business needs. Full stack solutions require one or more of the following: front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), database and Devops development. Works directly with business partners to understand business requirements. Independently innovates on and advocates for best practices within the team, and collaborates on them across the enterprise. Carries a holistic view of all products and their interactions to design complex solutions and plan for how new projects will fit into the larger ecosystem. Solves complex technical problems. Guides team implementation of solutions from inception to production.
Delivers technology solutions that support our business goals: Partners with management, architects, and product owners to understand requirements, evaluating the features to prepare applications specifications into workable technical solutions. Enhances Operating Model by demonstrating a high-level of initiative, ability to work with all levels of management and within a scrum team as a senior technical leader/developer. Assists with the growth of others on the team within a challenging environment while promoting DFS cultural behaviors and technical proficiencies based on our latest standards and strategies Actively contribute to the department’s developer community to support technical initiatives and provide input into best practices. Maintains highly available systems. Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated.
- Develops and maintains complex front-ends with a focus on user experience
- Develops and maintains backend systems
- Uses holistic knowledge of all products in and adjacent to the team s ecosystem to plan how new systems will be built and integrated; finds new ways to bring value to the company through the use of technology
- Innovates on and advocates for best practices and improved processes within the team and with internal partners; stays up to date with technology trends and innovations; mentors team members
- Creates and maintains Devops processes, application infrastructure, and utilizes cloud services (including database systems and models)
- Supports live systems to ensure business continuity.
At a minimum, here s what we need from you:
- Bachelor or Master degree in information technology or related field
- 8+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
- In lieu of degree, 10+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
- Strong understanding of object-oriented principles with an ability to write clean code
- Strong experience working with a relational database and NoSQL database
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
- Experience developing and implementing API service architecture
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
- Strong experience of developing multi-threaded and synchronization application
- Build secure web applications with user authentication
- Understanding of software testing principles and methodologies
- Expertise on current digital marketing strategies such as personalization, cross channel marketing, data driven optimization of experiences
- Experience evaluating and managing vendor software offerings such as Adobe Experience Cloud (Analytics, Experience Manager, Target)
- Modern web-development frameworks (Angular, React, Foundation, Bootstrap, jQuery)
- Web browser & Cross device compatibility design
- Java, J2EE, APIs, Microservices
- CI/CD with Jenkins or similar, Chef, Git/GitHub, Gradle, Nexus, SonarQube
- Cloud/PaaS Architectures: Cloud Foundry(PCF), AWS
- Container solutions: Docker, Kubernetes or Openshift
- Understanding of software development methodologies including Agile, Scrum and waterfall
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to identify issues, solve them quickly and well
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills #LI-BG1
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
Associated topics: application, backend, c c++, developer, devops, java, sde, software developer, software engineer, software programmer
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.