A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
Where you’ll work:
With over 45 plant across North America, the Rochester, MN plant is a part of Applied Health & Nutrition division. You’ll have the opportunity to work in a fast paced and fun environment. We feel good about our products that make our food taste better. Our employees care – about their community, their team and the results we create every day. If you’re looking for a manufacturing facility where you can build a career and have fun while you do it, we might be the team for you!
What you’ll do:
You will oversee all phases of assigned projects from inception to final operation. Responsibilities include project planning, estimating, organizing project staff, coordinating, scheduling, installation, commissioning, and financial control. Analyzes and evaluates project designs and ensures compliance with engineering principles, company standards and SSHE standards. Optimizes existing processes using continuous improvement tools. Writes, troubleshoots, and debugs process control software that controls various plant operations.
During commissioning – some overnight work may be needed in this 24X7 manufacturing facility.
- Creates capital proposal including scope document, cost estimate, and timelines for management review and approval.
- Upon approval of capital projects, manages projects to meet all technical requirements while assuring they stay on-time and within budget. These responsibilities include the development of a detailed scope of work, creation of equipment specifications, finalizing purchasing documents, creating and maintaining detailed timelines, expediting and receiving material and equipment, and commissioning activities.
- Develops project specifications and systems by making calculations, preparing process flow diagrams (PFD’s), piping and instrumentation drawings (P&ID’s), site and floor plans, elevation drawings, utilities matrices, and other project documentation as applicable.
- Leads the selection of contractors/vendors and supervises same in actual design and specifications of installations.
- Directs the integration of technical activities and equipment in order to ensure that the desired project results satisfy initial requirements
What you’ll need to be successful and safe:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant Engineering discipline.
- Significant broad-based project management experience (at least one project over $2m).
- Understands where/how to spend engineering dollars and how to manage internal/external engineering resources.
- Background in food processing to include sanitary factory/process design.
- Strong process improvement background with at least 5 years direct process improvement experience in the food industry.
- Experience with a food equipment manufacturing or similar experience is required.
Associated topics: assistant general manager, conference, day shift manager, front end, gerente de cocina, manager, operations, operations manager, restaurant operations, service manager
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.