Purpose of Job
THIS JOB IS AVAILABLE TO INTERNAL APPLICANTS UNTIL MIDNIGHT AUG. 24, 2020
Responsible for managing the P&L for an individual product(s), ensuring business plan expectations are achieved with additional focus on expense management and end-to-end customer experience. Directly responsible for leading significant growth in one of USAA s most important portfolios. Works collaboratively with Marketing, Finance, Risk Management, Legal, Information Technology, Operations and the Distribution Sales and Services groups to deliver an industry leading product offering that meets Member needs and drives profitability.
- Manages the P&L ensuring business plan expectations are achieved with a focus on growing Membership and driving profitability.
- Reviews and manages the product set (feature/functionality) for appropriateness of financials, marketing strategy, market competitiveness, Member Experience, regulatory compliance, risk management, as well as efficiency of operation and technology delivery.
- Documents the results and develop a plan for closing gaps.
- Provides product performance reporting to senior management that is inclusive of USAA s performance as well as industry benchmark data; be an expert with respect to the competitive landscape.
- Works collaboratively across Product, Marketing, Finance, Credit Risk Management, Legal, Information Technology, Operations, and the Distribution Sales and Services groups to deliver an industry leading product offering that drives strong profitability growth across USAA.
- Optimizes product mix, leveraging segmentation to drive profit, Member satisfaction, and retention.
- Holds accountability for executing product and emerging payment strategy (Build, Buy, Ally), working with marketing partners to create customer demand and increase cross-sell capabilities across the distribution network.
- Manages plan for growing products through the creation and implementation of an effective segmentation strategy, including product profitability, service standards, and lifecycle management.
- Holds responsibility for communicating the product value proposition to Distribution organization.
- Ensures product team delivers sales support to all distribution channels (e.g., .com, mobile, contact center) so that the product is properly positioned to customers (sales tool and collateral development, sales training, etc.).
- Manages 3rd Party Relationships (IT, 3rd products, and alliances).
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 10 or more years of relevant experience within the industry.
- 6 or more years of people leadership experience in building, managing and/or developing high-performing teams.
- This role may be subject to Pay to Play requirements.
- Experience setting strategy and roadmaps
- Experience leading in a matrixed environment
- Experience managing a large P&L
- Portfolio management
- Experience driving system modernization
- Underwriter, actuary, state management experience preferred
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.