Website The Journey Mental Health Center
Position: Psychotherapist (210053)
Company: Journey Mental Health Center
Job Location(s): Madison, WI
Start Date: Immediate
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Hours per Week: 40
Work Hours (i.e. shift): Generally First Shift
Starting Salary Range: $38,523 – $49,240 pyr
Salary/Benefit Notes: Generous Paid Time Off!
Required Education: Master’s Degree
Required Experience: 2 to 20+ years
Required Security Clearance: None
We have an opening for a Psychotherapist in our Outpatient Services program! The Psychotherapist (CSII) position is responsible for providing a wide array of culturally sensitive, recovery oriented, trauma sensitive, direct clinical services including assessment, counseling, supportive contacts and referrals serving individuals who are struggling with mental health, substance use and co-occurring issues. The Psychotherapist will work with adult consumers in an outpatient setting, providing group and individual therapy and case management services The ideal clinician will thrive in a fast-paced, team oriented, and recovery focused environment. Minimum annual service hours are 1200 that can be delivered via telehealth and or face-to-face. On-site expectation will require a 2-3 day/per week minimum that is also based on programmatic need and caseloads.
Journey Mental Health Center (JMHC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the agency’s belief that staff diversity and cultural humility are the foundation for services, which are accessible, effective, and relevant to the diverse needs of our consumers.
It is important that we choose employees that reflect our mission, vision and values, thus our selection process is thorough and sometimes longer than other employers.
Thank you in advance for providing us with complete and accurate application materials and for your patience when waiting to hear from us.
Though you may have excellent experience, strong work ethic and passion for recovery, due to our funding contractual agreements, candidates we hire must meet the Essential Qualifications specified in the job postings in order to be offered an interview. Please review the qualifications carefully. We wouldn’t want you to put effort into your application materials if you don’t meet the essential qualifications.
You can read about the many benefits of working at JMHC on our careers page.
FOLLOWING IS ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The Psychotherapist reports directly to the assigned supervisor with overall program supervision provided by the Director of Program Services. This position is included in the Professional Bargaining Unit.
- Master’s Degree in a related behavioral health field, accruing 3,000 hours of supervised clinical experience
- Eligibility to apply for LPC-IT, APSW, or MFT-IT license upon hire
- 2 years experience in a related behavioral health field.
- Professional experience or training related to Substance Use Disorders.
- Experience in related behavioral health field.
- Commitment to work toward improving cultural sensitivity.
- Strong commitment to principles of recovery and to facilitating consumer participation in treatment/service planning and provision.
- Knowledge and/or experience with the use of evidence based practices for treatment of substance use disorders and co-occurring disorders.
- Experience in community-based mental health and co-occurring assessments, case management, treatment planning and crisis resolution.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing).
- Ability to work effectively with an interdisciplinary team with a positive and creative attitude.
- Ability to work independently and remain organized and efficient.
- Superior ethics and interpersonal boundaries as evidenced by past experience in community based work with related professional references.
Typical Physical Demands
Requires sitting, standing, light lifting, bending, and reaching; and the ability to use and operate standard office equipment, including computer, calculator, phone, printer, cell phone, facsimile, etc.
May require evening or weekend hours depending on program and consumer’s needs.
- Bi-lingual, and/or bi-cultural (Spanish/Hmong/Cambodian).
- Fluent in American Sign Language.
- Licensure as a Substance Abuse Counselor in Training, Clinical Substance Abuse Counselor or Substance Abuse Counselor.
A. Provision of Clinical Services
- Performs accurate assessments to evaluate and diagnose mental health and/or co-occurring issues in a culturally sensitive, recovery oriented, trauma sensitive manner by providing assessments within the context of the consumer’s perspectives and beliefs.
- Provides a range of clinical services including level of care assessment, service coordination, therapy/counseling, support and referrals in a context that is supportive of the consumer’s culture, values and perspectives.
- Completes accurate clinical records including intakes, assessments, treatment plans and updates, progress notes, discharge summaries and other information in a timely manner.
- Works collaboratively with other community agencies to develop and maintain a continuum of care and maintain efficient use of community services.
- Provides consultation and support related to areas of specialization.
- Attends Team Meetings and presents consumer cultural and clinical information.
- Maintains minimum direct and case management service hour expectations.
- Works collaboratively with team members and takes a leadership role in service planning.
B. Program and JMHC Participation
- Attends staff meetings, in-services and other program activities as requested.
- Participates in JMHC committees, trainings and activities as directed and/or approved.
- Provides consultation to other JMHC programs as necessary.
The above statements are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list, but are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by this employee.
Associated topics: casework, counselor, field, hcpc, sickle, social, social service, substance, tirr, youth
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.