The Advertising Research team is a research and analytics group focused on measuring the value and effectiveness of advertising on Facebook. The team investigates industry-relevant problems through the use of data and quantitative methods ranging from the design and execution of field studies, conducting lab studies, and the applied use of observational data through a variety of statistical techniques. The results can often be published to help the advertising industry to improve the effectiveness of their advertising and influence the Facebook ad product roadmap. Facebook seeks a Quantitative Research Manager to lead a high-performing group of Quantitative Researchers specializing in applied statistics and machine learning. Applicants should have a strong technical background, demonstrated success working cross-functionally to influence roadmaps, and a track record of helping team members develop into technical and strategic leaders. The ideal candidate will be a subject matter expert in experimental design, statistical analysis, causal inference, and developing machine learned models to support research. The ideal candidate is scrappy, focused on results, self-motivated and has a history of solving problems with data. As a manager, the role also encompasses leading and developing a high-performing team across a broad cross-section of research areas.
- Coach, manage and mentor a high performing team of quantitative researchers, focusing on teaching, mentoring, and career development.
- Work with broad cross-functional partners to prioritize and deprioritize projects for the team.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to measure and communicate the effectiveness of online advertising.
- Identify, design and execute research projects towards a broader research agenda.
- Work directly with advertisers and multiple teams within Facebook to cooperatively run these tests and projects.
- Package these insights effectively for both internal and external audiences.
- Work within Facebook to develop broader insights that can be used across multiple advertisers within an industry.
- Experience in a quantitative field, such as consulting, market research, or advanced Degree in Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, or similar quantitative field
- 4+ years analytics experience
- Formal or informal people management experience mentoring & coaching team members, leading and developing teams
- Experience in research design and applied statistics including sampling approaches, experiments, and causal modeling
- Knowledge and experience in designing and interpreting analytical models and mining large datasets
- Experience in a data analysis language such as Python (including packages such as pandas, sklearn, xgboost, or similar) or R
- Experience working with big data technologies such as Hive, Presto, or Spark
- Experience in communicating analyses and results to any audience
- Experience in multi-tasking
- 1+ years experience direct people management in a technology organization
- 2 years of experience in advertising industry
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at …@fb.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.