Website UT Health Tyler
Advancing Healthcare Together – The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas
Why UT Health – East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone’s life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Tyler, Texas is a small town with a huge heart where you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is somebody here.
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
Our UT Health Tyler hospital is seeking an experienced Radiology Tech.We are looking for your experience, knowledge and patient care skills where you will be responsible for:
What You Will Be Doing:
- Performs diagnostic, interventional, and/or therapeutic procedures for patients of all ages (neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric) in a manner that ensures an accurate and complete examination/treatment by complying with established policies and procedures.
- Organizes and documents all aspects of assigned patient care in coordination with radiologists, nursing personnel, and other areas of department to ensure accurate and timely performance of radiology procedures.
- Participates in performance improvement activities by participating in the collection of data for performance improvement activities to ensure quality is consistent with established standards.
- Assumes responsibility for professional growth and development by participating in educational activities to promote continuous improvement and compliance with patient care standards.
So what experience are we looking for in our Radiology Tech?
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Graduate of an approved Radiologic Technology school
- Registered by the ARRT or registry eligible
- Should be licensed with the Texas Department of Health according to regulations
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull heavy objects and to constantly walk, stand, bend, reach for and/or stoop.
- Ability to perform a full range of body motions including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye/hand coordination.
- Ability to see and hear to normal range with correction.
- Ability to wear lead protective devices for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and to work irregular hours.
- Exposure to infectious disease on a constant basis.
- Exposure to ionizing radiation on a frequent basis.
- Exposure to unpleasant working conditions or undesirable elements, some of which are potentially hazardous or harmful, and which may require exercise of well-defined precautions for protection from injury or illness
- Potential for cuts, bruises, and muscle strains.
- Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care about people.
- Cultivate a compassionate environment: Changing lives for the better together.
- Clinical and Operational Excellence: A relentless drive to be the best.
- Holistic Approach: Think and act for the benefit of the whole.
- Promote a collaborative environment: Build effective working relationships with others.
- Identify and Develop Talent: Prepare others to deliver excellence.
- Business Acumen: Know, own and drive our business.
- Continually Simplify and Improve: Work to make everything as efficient as possible.
- Foster Innovation: Seek and apply leading edge solutions.
- Set Clear Direction: Tell others where you are going, how to get there and why.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time while completing work on a computer
- Ability to lift 10 or more pounds
- Ability to move throughout the workplace
Now that you read about what you will be doing and the experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities)
Associated topics: arrt, cardiac, cath, ct scan, ct technologist, diagnostic, mammographer, rad, radiographer, tomography
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.