Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It s our passion.
Provides nutritional education and nutritional patient care to assigned patient population to ensure that patients receive optimal nutritional care at Parkland.
– Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Food and Nutrition.
– Must have one year of related dietetic experience in an acute care setting through an American Dietetic Association coordinated undergraduate program OR, an American Dietetic Association accredited internship program.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
-May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
-Must be a registered dietitian with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (A.N.D.).
– and be licensed to practice dietetics by the Texas Board of Dietitians; OR must obtain registration and licensure within (6) six months of employment.
Skills or Special Abilities:
– Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with departmental personnel, hospital staff, and patients.
– Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills with a working knowledge of data base programs, data report analysis software, and electronic medial record charting.
May be required to demonstrate an advanced knowledge of nutrition and patient education skills.
– Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Associated topics: dietary, dietician, dietitian, exercise, food, icf mr, nutrition, nutritionist, swine, wic
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.