Website Interim HealthCare - Santa Rosa, CA
If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a leading health care staffing organization, look no further. Interim HealthCare of Santa Rosa offers a wide range of opportunities for motivated nurses to provide quality care. Interim HealthCare is looking for RNs to fulfill multiple contracts across Sonoma County.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides services and/or treatments requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill and provides effective and efficient patient care in accordance with applicable law and regulations, accepted standards of nursing practice, payor requirements and Interim HealthCare policies and procedures.
- Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient.
- Completes initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments of the patient s needs at appropriate time points as assigned.
- Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s).
- Counsels and educates the patient and family in meeting healthcare related needs.
- Completes timely and accurate clinical notes including addressing the patient s progress.
- Refers to other services as needed.
- Monitors and evaluates outcomes of patient care.
- Supervises paraprofessional staff.
- Coordinates plans for patient discharge from services.
- Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care.
- Uses clinical decision making to efficiently and effectively manage individual patients.
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
- Participates in in-services or training, as requested.
- Participates in the Office s Emergency Preparedness program, as requested.
- Contributes to the effective implementation of company programs and services.
- Provides other assignments as requested and within the scope of licensure.
- Accesses personal health information ( PHI ) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and has a current license as a Registered Nurse in the state(s) in which he/she practices.
- At least 1200 hours of experience as an RN or completion of the Office's preceptor program.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Able to perform and provide evidence of current CPR certification for adults, children and infants.
- Able to work with people, function well under stress, use clinical judgment, be creative and accept challenges.
- Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or tasks.
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to the care of the patient.
- Able to visually and aurally observe and assess the patient.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Able to constantly travel within geographic area serviced by office from assignment to assignment.
- Meets the applicable health requirements to provide patient care per applicable law or regulation.
- Work is normally performed in patient s home, schools, or occupational settings.
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach freely.
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of palm, i.e. manipulate pen, knobs or objects.
- Medium physical activity that may require occasional lifting, pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. in order to carry out daily job functions and related activities that may be required.
Associated topics: care, coronary, infusion, intensive care unit, mhb, nurse clinical, psychiatric, recovery, staff nurse, tcu
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.