Website The Journey Mental Health Center
Position: Registered Nurse (200296)
Company: Journey Mental Health Center
Job Location(s): Madison, WI
Start Date: Immediate
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Hours per Week: 40
Work Hours (i.e. shift): Generally First Shift
Starting Salary Range: $47,990 – $55,189 p/yr
Salary/Benefit Notes: Generous Paid Time Off!
Required Education: Certification or Vocational
Required Experience: Open
Required Security Clearance: None
We have an opening for a Registered Nurse in our CTA program! The Community Treatment Alternatives (CTA) Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing professional nursing services to diverse population. S/he/they provides culturally sensitive care and services to consumers and works closely with a multidisciplinary team to plan, coordinate and deliver medication services that are recovery oriented and trauma informed.
Journey Mental Health Center (JMHC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the agency’s belief that staff diversity and cultural humility are the foundation for services, which are accessible, effective, and relevant to the diverse needs of our consumers.
It is important that we choose employees that reflect our mission, vision and values, thus our selection process is thorough and sometimes longer than other employers.
Thank you in advance for providing us with complete and accurate application materials and for your patience when waiting to hear from us.
Though you may have excellent experience, strong work ethic and passion for recovery, due to our funding contractual agreements, candidates we hire must meet the Essential Qualifications specified in the job postings in order to be offered an interview. Please review the qualifications carefully. We wouldn’t want you to put effort into your application materials if you don’t meet the essential qualifications.
You can read about the many benefits of working at JMHC on our careers page.
FOLLOWING IS ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The Registered Nurse reports directly to the RN Team Leader with overall supervision by the Nurse Manager. This position is included in the Professional Bargaining Unit.
- Current licensure with the state of Wisconsin as a Registered Nurse
- Experience working with individuals who have mental health and/or substance use disorders or other behavioral health issues
- Knowledge of psychotropic medications
- Ability to work collaboratively on teams with prescriber, counselors, and crisis service workers
- Ability to work in collaborative relationships with a variety of disciplines and philosophies
- Commitment to provide culturally sensitive, recovery oriented, and trauma informed services to diverse populations
- Commitment to provide community-based services for persons with multiple needs and inadequate resources in addition to providing direct service
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be flexible and a creative participant in a changing system
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, a favorable driving record, adequate insurance (per WI law) and access to a vehicle
Typical Physical Demands
May require driving, sitting, standing, light lifting, bending, and reaching; and the ability to use and operate standard office equipment, including computer, calculator, phone, printer, cell phone, facsimile, etc.
May require evening or weekend hours depending on program and consumer’s needs
- Previous experience working in a Community Support Program
A. DELIVERY OF CLINICAL SERVICES
- Ensure that services are culturally sensitive, promote principles of recovery, are trauma informed and promote consumer participation
- Work with case managers, therapists, and prescribers to ensure that medication is integrated into consumer recovery plans
- Maintain contact with consumers to a degree sufficient to monitor and assess progress towards medication compliance
- Assess medical / mental status and side effects and report observations back to the clinical team
- Contribute to the functioning of the JMHC clinical teams, supporting and covering for other team members as necessary while engaged in nursing duties including answering the phones, monitoring the medication rooms, processing refill requests and medication evaluations from prescribers and perform nursing triage duties
- Provide case management as it relates to the provision and delivery of medication services
- Participate in arranging crisis management services as clinically and programmatically appropriate and necessary
- Coordinate clinical services with those of other JMHC areas and outside agencies and assist in problem resolution around clinical issues
- In coordination with the clinical team assist in coordinating admissions and discharges
- Complete documentation and record keeping in a timely manner.
- Participate in program meetings, training programs and other designated program functions
- Participate in JMHC-wide training programs and community education as assigned
- Complete all other assignments / duties as assigned by the Nursing Supervisor or Medical Director
The above statements are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list but are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by this employee.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care, domiciliary, infusion, intensive care unit, maternal, nurse clinical, registed, registered nurse, surgery
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.