Under direct supervision of a licensed physician, this position is responsible for performing advanced clinical procedures that may include therapeutic apheresis procedures, intra-operative auto-transfusion procedures and/or stem cell, granulocyte and lymphocyte collections.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence policy.
- Is responsible for the receipt and processing of therapeutic orders from Community Physicians, arrangements for necessities of a procedure, such as ordering labs, fluids and materials, and assistance with the development, implementation, and evaluation of new and existing methodologies. Performs therapeutic apheresis procedures on patients under supervision of a licensed UBS physician.
- Performs Therapeutic Plasma Exchange procedures according to SOPs.
- Performs Red Blood Cell Exchange procedures according to SOPs.
- Performs Leukocyte Reduction procedures according to SOPs.
- Performs Platelet Reduction procedures according to SOPs.
- Performs Prosorba Column therapy procedures according to SOPs.
- Performs Photopheresis procedures according to SOPs.
- Performs intraoperative autotransfusion under the supervision of a licensed physician. Is responsible for monitoring patient blood loss, assessing appropriate time for washing of salvaged blood and communicating to anesthesia and operating room nursing staff the blood volume processed and returned to the patient.
- Is responsible for the receipt and processing of collection orders from Community Physicians, National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP), hospital transfusion services, and the administration of drugs, and donor evaluation for the collection and mobilization regimens.
- Performs stem cell collections on donors or patients according to SOPs.
- Performs granulocyte collections on donors according to SOPs.
- Performs lymphocyte collections on donors according to SOPs.
- Performs any new hemapheresis procedure approved for clinical use, as required.
- Participates in department research projects, trials and data gathering.
- Participates in customer, patient, donor and family education.
- Anticipates and responds to unique clinical situations according to SOPs.
- Maintains accurate, complete and legible records following the principles of current Good Clinical Practices and related Clinical Practices policies and procedures of the institutions where the procedures are performed.
- Participates in quality assurance activities, as indicated.
- Trains staff, as required.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
- Associate’s degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of rationale and techniques relating to assigned duties required.
- Associates Degree in Nursing or Diploma from an accredited School of Nursing required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Previous apheresis experience preferred.
- Previous acute hospital experience preferred.
- Phlebotomy experience preferred.
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to understand, follow, and give precise written and verbal instructions, and perform all activities safely.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an active team member.
- Able to organize, prioritize, and execute a variable workload and multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Associated topics: bsn, care, coronary, intensive, intensive care, mhb, nurse, nurse clinical, psychatric, tcu
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.