Website Memorial Health
Responsible for delegation, supervision, and provision of nursing care for a designated group of patients through utilization of the nursing process. Provides age-appropriate care. Participates in research when appropriate and incorporates research findings into evidence-based clinical practice. Contributes to quality improvement processes. Adheres to MMC Mission, Vision, and Values, the Nursing Division Mission, Vision, and Philosophy, the ANA Code of Ethics and the Illinois Nursing Act.
Licensed as RN in State of Illinois.
Current BLS/CPR certification per policy.
Must be able to position and/or transfer an average adult patient and possess gross coordination sufficient to perform other patient care duties as required. Must be able to withstand prolonged periods of standing. Must be able to perform difficult manipulative skills such as IV insertion and IM injections.
Environmental working conditions include exposure to blood, bodily fluids and tissue, contagious diseases and/or radioactive or other potentially hazardous materials.
Yearly Credentialing to Maintain Current Track:
- Attends all Joint Commission, OSHA, and hospital/nurse manager specified mandatory inservices.
- Validates competencies and obtains credentials as identified in unit specific requirements.
- Completion of annual self-evaluation at time of performance appraisal.
- Submit sufficient documentation to validate current Clinical Ladder status to the nurse manager at annual performance appraisal.
- Meets credit range for Clinical Ladder Levels as follows (completion of probationary period is required in order to apply for promotion in the clinical ladder):
Clinical Nurse I: Registered Nurse who achieves a range of 0-9 credits on the Clinical Ladder Behavior Grid.
Clinical Nurse II: Registered Nurse who achieves a range of 10-19 credits on the Clinical Ladder Behavior Grid with evidence of behaviors from at least two categories of the Grid.
Clinical Nurse III: Registered Nurse who achieves a range of 20-29 credits on the Clinical Ladder Behavior Grid with evidence of behaviors from at least three categories of the Grid. Minimum BSN, enrollment in BSN or MSN program, or national certification is required for new applicants as of March 2016.
Clinical Nurse IV: Registered Nurse who achieves at least 30 credits on the Clinical Ladder Behavior Grid with evidence of behaviors from at least four categories of the Grid. Minimum BSN and national certification are required for new applicants as of March 2016.
Professional Nursing Care
- Age appropriate assessment.
- Data analysis to identify nursing problems.
- Defines individualized patient outcomes.
- Develops an interdisciplinary, individualized plan of care in partnership with patients and families.
- Implements specified interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Evaluates the patient’s progress toward attainment of outcomes, revising the plan when indicated.
Supervision and Delegation
- Delegates patient care tasks to LPNs and unlicensed assistive personnel based on job description, individual capability and patient needs.
- Communicates patient status and caregiver performance expectations.
- Appropriately supervises performance of LPNs and unlicensed assistive personnel.
- Directs performance improvement for LPNs and unlicensed assistive personnel.
- Builds teamwork when supervising and delegating to others.
Communication and Collaboration
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills.
- Uses therapeutic communication techniques.
- Demonstrates assertiveness.
- Communicates relevant patient information to other members of the health team.
- Documents patient care according to Memorial policies and procedures. .
- Ensures appropriate implementation of physician’s orders.
- Accesses electronic data to facilitate patient care.
- Creates and maintains a collaborative work environment.
- Participates in interdisciplinary planning and decision making.
- Precepts new nursing employees and/or nursing students.
Quality and Safety
- Identifies and resolves safety risks.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement.
- Participates in the periodic review and revision of policies, procedures, and standards of care.
- Complies with all safety policies.
- Demonstrates ethical decision making.
- Advocates for patients and families.
- Appropriately follows the chain of command.
- Adheres to the Memorial Health System Behavioral Standards.
- Develops annual plan for own professional development.
- Participates in community health initiatives.
- Participates in community organizations.
- Contributes to nursing research activities and applies findings in clinical practice.
- Participates in nurse peer review process.
Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Associated topics: care, care unit, hospice, nurse, nurse clinical, nurse rn, psychatric, recovery, registed, tcu
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.