Website Chippenham Hospital
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a familyand not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment wherediversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out whatit truly means to be a part of a team.
Our Case Management teams are acommitted, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positivepatient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being ofothers, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge andexpertise!
Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed acute care facility, is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive fromthe beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance ofshops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater. Chippenham Hospital is aHospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune s 100, and is one ofthe largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employmentopportunities are almost endless!
Responsibilities of RNs in our CaseManagement Department:
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIALFUNCTIONS
Wecover all areas of the hospital including the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit(NICU), the Emergency Department, Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU), as well asSame-Day Surgery. Using strong critical thinking skills our Case ManagerRNs and Social Workers multi-task in a fast-paced and ever-changing environmentto develop, implement, and evaluate individualized patient care plans.
Reviews health records forappropriateness of application of 2 Midnight Rule for initial review of allMedicare admissions. Performs continued stay reviews of trauma patients forappropriateness based on InterQual criteria.
- Performsadmission and concurrent reviews for all payors and maintains legibledocumentation as directed by the Utilization Management Plan.
- Reviewspatient notes identifying and addressing any conflict in medical orders orlack of management plan.
- Buildsa rapport by providing continuity of care with patients and acting astheir advocate throughout their hospital stay.
- Collaboratesbetween multiple care givers and fosters communication between medicalteams and nursing staff.
- Identifiesand intervenes to coordinate care of trauma patients in relation toappropriateness of level of care, length of stay and resource utilizationissues.
- Identifiesbarriers to discharge and contacts relevant personnel to overcome these.
- Initiatesand monitors referral process of patients post discharge.
- Identifies,tracks, and records Avoidable Days [AD], intervening to prevent ordecrease as appropriate.
- Initiatesdenial and appeal process in accordance with policy.
- Demonstratesawareness of current trends that influence health care practice andassures compliance with professional, regulatory, governmental andorganization standards.
What Sets Us Apart:
“I am new to the CaseManagement and what I love most is how friendly the co-workers are. This unitis AMAZING!” AW
“I enjoy thestaff that I work with and the challenging patients” TH
“I love myco-workers, the leadership team, and the flexibility”- ES
Check Us Out and Like Us onFacebook!
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- Case Management Certification through AACN (preferred)
- 5+ years of recent clinical experience (required)
- Commercial Utilization Management and/or Case Management experience (preferred
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including dental, student loan repayment, tuition assistance, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: care unit, hospice, intensive care, maternal, mhb, nurse, nurse clinical, registered nurse, staff nurse, transitional
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.