Website Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
We are hiring and looking for the brightest and best to join our dynamic team on this Surgical Unit. We are offering competitive pay, benefits and sign-on bonuses! Come explore what we have to offer and what you can contribute to this unit.
We want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Sign-on Bonuses
- Relocation Bonuses–when relocating
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Moving, mortgage, and real estate assistance
- 100% matching 401k based on years of service
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a Registered Nurse for Metropolitan Methodist Hospital to ensure we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Our Registered Nurses have access to a variety of resources to help you reach your goals including:
- A comprehensive orientation process
- Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
- Leadership development programs
- State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in patient care
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- You will consistently apply the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients.
- You will collaborate with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes.
- You will provide communication, confidence, and professionalism as evidenced by active engagement in unit and organizational activities.
- You will demonstrate team work, adaptability, and serving as a resource to the patient care team.
- You will have accountability for delivering quality nursing care services and for promoting a positive image of nursing.
The Registered Nurse (RN) is the patient and patient s family advocate. The RN consistently applies and utilizes the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills, and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients. The RN collaborates with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes. Communicates and utilizes interpersonal skills effectively and role models confidence and professionalism within nursing by active engagement in unit and organizational activities. Demonstrates team work, adaptability, and is a resource person to the patient care team. The RN is accountable for the quality of nursing care services delivered by self or others under their direction in accordance with the Texas Nurse Practice Act, hospital policies, and the Texas Board of Nursing rules for delegated nursing tasks (Chapter 224). Promotes a positive image of nursing and demonstrates team work and adaptability through consistently following the standards of Methodist Excellence.
Critical factors to your success include:
Applies nursing judgment through a thorough, systematic approach of applying the nursing process to include:
Assessment: Conducts comprehensive, timely, and ongoing focused physical, psycho- social and pain assessments; includes assessment of patient education needs.
Planning: Utilizes the assessment, identifies problems, makes nursing diagnoses, formulates goals, teaching plans and outcomes to create an individualized plan of care. Identifies individual patient goals, readiness to learn and incorporates family into the plan of care.
Implementation: Prioritizes and implements a competent, prioritized and efficient nursing plan of care.
Evaluation/Reassessment: Consistently conducts timely evaluation, anticipates and recognizes changes in patient conditions, determines when reassessments are needed and adjusts the plan of care as necessary. Compares expected and achieved outcomes of nursing care utilizing the plan of care.
- You should be a graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program. If you have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or certification in your specialty area you will be considered more highly qualified and eligible for our RN III position.
- You should possess your RN License to practice as a professional RN in the state of Texas or an Active Multi-State RN Compact License. If you have a Compact License you will be required to obtain a Texas RN License within 90 days of hire.
- You should have a current BLS and ACLS certification
- You should have 6 months of clinical experience as a licensed RN in the specialty area of hire.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, ccu, intensive care, maternal, nurse clinical, psychatric, registed, registered nurse, tcu, unit
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.