Website Westside Regional Medical Center
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Full-Time Nights FTE 0.9
Westside Regional Medical Center
We’re always on the move. You will find it is an exciting time at Westside Regional Medical Center, a 250-bed medical center and healthcare complex. Westside Regional offers the community the latest in minimally invasive spine and colorectal surgery and is one of only nine Joint Commission-certified centers in the United States for minimally invasive colorectal surgery. Not only are we certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Agency for Health Care Administration (ACHA), but also certified as a Thrombectomy Capable Center by the Joint Commission. We are a teaching and research facility, offering Graduate Medical Education (GME) programs in podiatry, surgery, and internal medicine. Since our founding in 1974, we have been committed to expanding and improving every facet of the organization, devoting significant time and resources to enhancing the facility, staff, and medical care.
At Westside, we care like family! We invite you to explore opportunities with a family-oriented team of more than 1,200 professionals, along with almost 750 physicians that thrive in a fast-paced but friendly work environment. At Westside Regional Medical Center, our medical services combined with compassionate care, illustrate why we are one of the leading healthcare facilities in South Florida.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to volume, census, and acuity.
- Follow through with assignments and informs supervisor if unable to complete tasks.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in the performance and documentation of assessment, reassessment, individualization, and prioritization of the patient’s Plan of Care in accordance with the department standards.
- Prioritize and delegate patient care activities based on accurate patient assessment and staff capabilities.
- Utilize restraint with appropriate justification and documentation with regards to patient safety.
- Evaluate the patient’s response to the Plan of Care, communicates to members of the health care team, and implements necessary changes to care based on patient assessment.
- Demonstrate capability in assisting with emergency measures (code blue, etc.) until the physician arrives.
- Promote teamwork, work with multidisciplinary groups, and facilitate problem-solving tasks, using critical thinking techniques.
- Report and document concerns/issues to Supervisor and Risk Management as indicated.
- Demonstrate understanding and compliance with Advanced Directives, End of Life Issues, Hospice, and Post Mortem care.
- Ensure that all patients are welcomed and greeted upon arrival to the unit as per the individual department plan.
- Ensure that all patients transferred and discharged have paperwork completed including medication reconciliation, patient teaching…Delays in this process are communicated to the patient and/or family.
- Round hourly (or more frequently as needed) to reassess the patient’s condition and document vital signs accordingly.
Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provision).
American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
Associate (2 year) Degree required (ASN) required.
Bachelor (4 year) Degree preferred (BSN) preferred.
Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience in a hospital setting required.
Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience in a telemetry unit preferred.
Completion of Basic Arrhythmia course with a minimum of 16 hours of didactic instruction preferred.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, coronary, intensive, intensive care, intensive care unit, nurse, nurse rn, surgery, tcu, unit
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.