Website UT Health Tyler
Advancing Healthcare Together The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas
Why UT Health – East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone s life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Tyler, TX is a small town with a huge heart where you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is somebody here.
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. This position is responsible for the following:
- Directing and coordinating all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards.
- Collaborating with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
- Contributing to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
What You Will Be Doing:
1. Deliver individualized, goal-directed nursing care using a systematic approach and according to standards of care, facility s code of conduct compliance, and policy in collaboration with patients and interdisciplinary healthcare team members:
Collect patient’s health data.
- Analyze assessment data in determining patient problems.
- Identify expected outcomes individualized to the patient.
- Develop a comprehensive plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Implement interventions identified in the plan of care.
- Evaluate patient s progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Assist with the plan of care, evaluate, modify and coordinate care and communicate well with other disciplines.
- Serve as a resource for learni
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Associates Degree in Nursing (AND) or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school.
- Prefer 2 years of nursing experience in an acute care setting.
- Position requires fluency in English language to function in job environment appropriately.
- Good interpersonal, communication, team-work, and customer service skills.
- Good organizational, problem-solving and follow-through skills.
- Ability to multi-task constantly, react to changes quickly/productively, and tolerate interruptions.
- Ability to perform work when no directions are given, and give directions to others.
- Remain flexible, organized, professional and able to analyze, make sound decisions under stressful or crisis situations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current computer systems, equipment or programs used in the organization.
- Demonstrate maturity and accountability.
Certification and Licensure:
- Completion of education to obtain Licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- ACLS certification preferred.
- BLS required
- PALS Certification (preferred but not required).
- Comply with regulatory requirements, guidelines, and policies
- Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care about people.
- Cultivate a compassionate environment: Changing lives for the better together
- Clinical and Operational Excellence: A relentless drive to be the best.
- Holistic Approach: Think and act for the benefit of the whole.
- Promote a collaborative environment: Build effective working relationships with others.
- Identify and Develop Talent: Prepare others to deliver excellence.
- Business Acumen: Know, own and drive our business.
- Continually Simplify and Improve: Work to make everything as efficient as possible.
- Foster Innovation: Seek and apply leading edge solutions.
- Set Clear Direction: Tell others where you are going, how to get there and why.
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time while completing work on a computer
- Ability to lift 10 or more pounds
- Ability to move throughout the workplace
Now that you have read about what you will be doing and the experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).
Associated topics: asn, care unit, ccu, hospice, recovery, registed, registered nurse, surgery, tcu, transitional
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.