Website UT Health East Texas
Advancing Healthcare Together The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas
Why UT Health – East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone s life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. UT Health Tyler is a small town with a huge heart where you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is somebody here.
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
The Clinical Coordinator directs and supervises the professional and other staff members assigned to the department, supports and interprets the mission of the hospital and promotes harmonious relationships among nursing personnel, medical staff, ancillary departments, patients and families.
The Clinical Coordinator provides for the delivery of care to a specific group of patients and evaluates the quality of that care in a systematic fashion, in order to improve care. The care is delivered within the framework of hospital philosophy and approved budget, and in concert with other departments and services within and outside of the hospital. The Coordinator must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
DUTIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Identifies staff needs and develops an action plan for development and implementation by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating services to meet the needs of the customer.
- Demonstrates excellence in verbal and written communication with the ability to assist all staff to improve their communication abilities.
- Provides for the integration of patient care services throughout the organization by coordinating all services to provide and implement appropriate nursing and clinical interventions.
- Assumes accountability for patient care delivery in the department.
- RN, ORT, X-Ray Tech., SPD Tech, and Housekeeper, Transporter.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduation from an approved school of nursing and licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas. Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- At least two years recent experience in the nursing specialty preferred.
Certification and Licensure:
- Registered Nurse with a current license to practice in the State of Texas.
- BLS Required
- ACLS Required
- PALS Required
- Extensive walking and standing, physical/emotional stamina. Exposure to communicable diseases and biohazardous materials, danger of infection from contaminated materials, falls on slippery floors; possibility of injury from moving heavy equipment or patients.
- This is an OSHA category I position. Body substance isolation must be practiced.
Associated topics: asn, bsn, care, care unit, intensive care, mhb, nurse clinical, registered nurse, surgical, transitional
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.