Community Medical Centers has been providing central California with the highest level of care available in the region. Community Regional Medical Center measures up with top hospitals nationally and is the 3rd largest in California! With 685 beds, we are home to the only comprehensive Burn and Level I Trauma center between Los Angeles and Sacramento. The 56,000 square-foot emergency department is one of the largest and busiest in California! We have an 84-bed Level III NICU and plan to significantly expand pediatric specialty care. Our hospital serves 2.5 million people within 9 counties, averaging a daily census of 641 patients. We’re affiliated with UCSF as a teaching facility; trained 3,000 Medical Doctor’s to date plus continuous invests in research and training grants.
Under the direction of the Director, Supply Chain Management, this position serves as a project manager for facilitating/leading product (supplies, devices and medications) value analysis initiatives with a focus on evidence-based clinical safety and effectiveness, standardization and utilization.
1. Perform research and benchmarking to identify opportunities for clinical product (supplies, devices and medications) and practice standardization and improved utilization.
2. Receive and review all New Product/Equipment Requests (NPER) and Request for Formulary Addition Forms for clinical scope and proper vetting process.
3. Facilitate evidence-based clinical assessment of system-wide product value analysis initiatives. This includes assessments of products new to the system as well as existing inventory.
4. Collaborate with clinicians and supply chain staff in product value analysis initiatives. Serve as clinical liaison on system-wide committees, as appropriate.
5. Facilitate and drive cost reduction opportunities through improved product standardization, inventory management, utilization and value analysis.
6. Collaborate with supply chain and clinical staff to ensure proper cross referencing of clinical products during conversions.
7. Monitor and manage utilization of non-preferred/non-formulary products within the system. Develop and manage processes for the review and approval of all non-standard products for entry into the organization.
8. Facilitate internal evaluations of new products for clinical safety and efficacy. Coordinate with clinical staff and educators to develop new product education and implementation plans.
9. Participate as Community Medical Centers representation on national group purchasing organization s (GPO) committee(s).
10. Work closely with GPO and affiliate organizations to provide clinical input and data to support custom clinical contracting efforts.
11. Report clinical integration outcomes and barriers to system leadership, as needed.
12. Provide supply chain management education to clinical and medical staff. Provide clinical education to supply chain staff.
13. Lead or facilitate projects, as assigned.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an approved nursing program required
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred
3 years direct patient care experience required
3 years leadership and project management experience required
Licenses and Certifications
RN – Current State of California Registered Nurse license required
Associated topics: ambulatory, cardiothoracic, ccu, intensive care unit, mhb, nurse rn, psychiatric, recovery, staff nurse, transitional