Website Bailey Square Surgical Center
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Bailey Square Surgical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking an RN Resident to join our healthcare family.
Bailey Square Surgical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At Bailey Square Surgical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life for life and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our RN Resident opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
The RN Resident is a registered nurse participating in a specified training program standardized based on area of specialization. Your training includes orientation, clinical experiences and didactic instruction. Under supervision of the Preceptor or Nurse Manager, you will implement nursing care for assigned patients.
What you will do in this role:
- You will successfully complete training plan and demonstrates expected competencies
- You are responsible for completing mandatory education and competency requirements in specified timeframe
- You will complete Life Safety Orientation Competencies (LSOC)
- You are responsible for completion of HIPAA/HITECH training and Ethics and Compliance training
- You will meet regularly with Preceptor, Educator, and Manager/Director to track progress utilizing the Orientation Pathways Evaluation Level Tool
- You are responsible for planning comprehensive nursing care for assigned patients according to written standards
- You will recognize that variables such as age, race, nationality, culture, disease-causing vulnerabilities, and socioeconomic facts affect the patient populations under their case. Use interventions appropriate to these factors (e.g., interpreter)
- You will identify relevant nursing diagnoses and critical pathways
- Completion of admission/patient assessment and documents accurately as indicated
- Initiates discharge planning upon admission
- You will provide and document care to patients in compliance with written surgery center policies and procedures
- You will perform and document nursing care according to patient needs
- You are responsible for administering and documenting medication per policy and procedure
- Evaluate patient care outcomes in an appropriate and timely manner.
- You will evaluate plan of care to determine need for modifications in a timely manner
- Provide evaluation of effectiveness of patient teaching and revises as necessary
Qualifications you will need:
- Experience as a Patient Care Technician in an acute care setting preferred
- Associate s Degree in Nursing -Employee will enroll in an RN to BSN program within first year of employment and graduate with BSN within 3 years of enrollment date OR Enrolled in MSN program OR Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing (within last six months)
Bailey Square Surgery Center is the states first freestanding ambulatory surgery center. BaileySquare Surgery Center was founded in 1973. We have led the way in developing a safe, high-qualitysubstitute to in-patient hospitalization. The center has eleven operating rooms. Weprovide ENT, GYN, Ophthalmology,Dental, Orthopedic, Plastics, Colorectal, Endoscopy, and Podiatry services. Ourparent company is HCA Healthcare. We provide excellent care daily to every patient with a spirit of warmth, friendliness andpersonal pride.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for thedelivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient’s family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual.”
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our RN Resident opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care, ccu, coronary, hospice, mhb, neonatal, recovery, registered nurse, unit
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.