Website UT Health Jacksonville
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone’s life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Pittsburg, TX is a small town with a huge heart where you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is somebody here.
- Directing and coordinating all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards.
- Collaborating with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
- Contributing to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
1. Deliver individualized, goal-directed nursing care using a systematic approach and according to standards of care, facility’s code of conduct compliance, and policy in collaboration with patients and interdisciplinary healthcare team members:
Collect patient’s health data.
- Analyze assessment data in determining patient problems.
- Identify expected outcomes individualized to the patient.
- Develop a comprehensive plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Implement interventions identified in the plan of care.
- Evaluate patient’s progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Assist with the plan of care, evaluate, modify and coordinate care and communicate well with other disciplines.
- Serve as a resource for learning needs of patients, significant others, and families.
- Provide for the care of multiple patients and/or delegation of care to other members of the healthcare team.
- Supervise nursing care provided by others for whom the RN is administratively or professionally responsible.
- Delegate tasks to unlicensed personnel in compliance with the Board of Nursing.
- Document relevant data according to hospital standards.
- Conduct discharge planning, assisting the patient/significant others to obtain knowledge about illness, injury prevention, and teaching.
Maintain confidentiality with all information.
2. Systematically evaluate quality and factors relating to safety, effectiveness, and cost in planning and delivering patient care:
- Participate in quality of care activities such as the implementation of a continuous quality improvement plan and the hospital wide performance improvement process, as appropriate to position, education and practice environment.
- Utilize results of quality of care activities to initiate changes in practice.
3. Implement Infection Control, Safety and Risk Management Programs in all nursing practices.
4. Demonstrate ability to adapt to varied age-specific patient populations.
5. Acquire and maintain current knowledge in nursing practice, for example:
- Complete mandatory annual Learning Management System modules in a timely manner.
- Attend departmental meetings per policy.
6. Contribute to professional development of peers, colleagues and others, for example. Recognize own learning needs and those of peers and assists in meeting those needs to maximize professional development and optimal medical/surgical nursing practice.
7. Assume all other duties and responsibilities as necessary:
- Identify and/or assume activities related to developmental needs of unit and/or nursing department.
- Demonstrate dependability/flexibility in meeting scheduling needs of unit and/or hospital.
- Accept assignment as preceptor for new staff.
- Assure supplies and equipment necessary for the care of patients is readily available and in working order.
- Associates Degree in Nursing (AND) or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school.
- Prefer 2 years of nursing experience in an acute care setting.
- Position requires fluency in English language to function in job environment appropriately.
- Good interpersonal, communication, team-work, and customer service skills.
- Good organizational, problem-solving and follow-through skills.
- Ability to multi-task constantly, react to changes quickly/productively, and tolerate interruptions.
- Ability to perform work when no directions are given, and give directions to others.
- Remain flexible, organized, professional and able to analyze, make sound decisions under stressful or crisis situations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current computer systems, equipment or programs used in the organization.
- Demonstrate maturity and accountability.
- Completion of education to obtain Licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- ACLS certification required
- BLS required
- PALS Certification (preferred but not required).
- Comply with regulatory requirements, guidelines, and policies
- Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care about people.
- Cultivate a compassionate environment: Changing lives for the better together
- Clinical and Operational Excellence: A relentless drive to be the best.
- Holistic Approach: Think and act for the benefit of the whole.
- Promote a collaborative environment: Build effective working relationships with others.
- Identify and Develop Talent: Prepare others to deliver excellence.
- Business Acumen: Know, own and drive our business.
- Continually Simplify and Improve: Work to make everything as efficient as possible.
- Foster Innovation: Seek and apply leading edge solutions.
- Set Clear Direction: Tell others where you are going, how to get there and why.
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time while completing work on a computer
- Ability to lift 10 or more pounds
- Ability to move throughout the workplace
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care, coronary, hospice, intensive care unit, mhb, nurse rn, psychatric, surgery, unit
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.