Website BAYLOR SCOTT & WHITE
$7500.00 Sign On
This is a 38 bed Telemetry Monitored Nursing Unit. Working on 5 North gives you the unique opportunity to work with both Adults and Geriatrics. Working on 5 North, you can expect your clinical skills to become greater than ever imagined due to the high acuity of patients and verities of scope which include:
- Post ICU Trauma patients( serious injury to 2 or more body systems)
- Traumatic Intra-Thoracic injury
- Traumatic intra-abdominal injury
- Traumatic Complex Fractures
- Patients with impaired respiratory status
- Traumatic Musculoskeletal Wounds Cholecystectomy
- Complex Cholecystectomy and Appendectomy
- Bariatric Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery ( bowel malignancies, inflammatory bowel disease)
- Thoracic Surgeries-everything from lobotomy, Esophagostomy
- Urology- Prostatectomy
- Neuro Surgery
- Vascular surgery
- General surgery
- Highest acuity trauma patients
Additional Support for staff:
We provide emotional and psychological support from the Staff Well-being Assistance During Difficult Life Events (SWADDLE) program, director, manager, supervisor, chaplains during times of high-level stress and multiple traumas by meeting with staff members for debriefings, supportive readings, emotional support and a designated space on the unit for staff to relax and recharge.
Quote from a staff nurse If you have ever seen any news story on TV of any sort of crash or accident, this is where those patients go. The highest acuity trauma patients are brought to this floor from all over the state to receive the best Trauma care the state has to offer. Working on this floor at our Level 1 trauma center puts you at an elite level compared to Nurses at other facilities on a Trauma floor. There is truly no cap on the skills you can gain working on this floor .
– EDUCATION – Grad of an Accredited Program
– MAJOR – Nursing
– EXPERIENCE – 2 Years of Experience
– CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION –
Registered Nurse (RN)
Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or transfer.
Associated topics: asn, coronary, domiciliary, intensive, intensive care unit, maternal, nurse, psychatric, surgery, unit
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.