Artificial intelligence will disrupt all industries. Don’t be left behind.
Who are we?
Amazon AI – Computer Vision Services is a passionate team who builds the best-in-class computer vision services designed to help customers identify objects, people, text, scenes, and activities in images and videos, as well as detect any inappropriate content.
Who are our customers?
We have customers across many verticals and domains. Our customers include media companies looking to reduce the operational overhead of manually reviewing content and assigning compliance ratings to prevent fines and loss of trust from viewers. Similarly, our advertising customers are look for solutions that facilitate ads moderation scenarios where inappropriate or dangerous products are being advertised.
What is the role?
We are looking for passionate SDEs to bootstrap a new team and delight our customers with improved versions of the Labels, Content Moderations and Personal Protective Equipment detection features. You will build an AWS service that is going to be trend setting in the machine learning and AI field. As a tier zero Amazon service our solutions have to be scalable, efficient, and fault tolerant. Experience with machine learning systems is preferred, but not required.
In this role, you will:
* Work closely with data scientists and senior engineers to develop the best technical designs and solutions able to handle high volume requests
* Contribute in end-to-end project delivery from requirements through launch, including feature development, operational excellence, security, compliance, etc
* Write high quality code that is modular, functional, testable and extendable
* Establish best practices and drive improvements in design, development and operations
* Mentor and guide junior engineers on design, coding, troubleshooting and operational excellence
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
* 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
* Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
* 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Associated topics: backend, back end, c++, c#, develop, developer, java, sde, software programmer, sw
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.