Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people – our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to “Always Do The Right Thing!”
Our Custody Officer (CO) is responsible for maintaining proper security and safety standards for all patients under his/her control. Must make security checks and inspections of the entire working environment and correct or report to the proper authority all shortcomings and deficiencies. Must prepare written reports of daily activities, and written reports of disciplinary infractions, accidents and incidents. Must develop and maintain a professional rapport with all patients, his/her supervisors and other employees in the working environment.
- High School diploma or GED.
- College degree in related area preferred.
- One (1) year experience in correctional, security or police work – two (2) of which has been in a medium/maximum security setting or three (3) of which have been in a secure setting.
- Satisfactory completion of academic and on-the-job training as required for certification as a Custody Officer.
- Ensures patient assignments are carried out; monitors all patient activity ensuring order and control.
- Ensures security and compliance with post description as defined by the facility.
- Prepares and submits required facility reports without error in accordance with facility policy and time frames.
- Safely operates and maintains security devices such as gates and doors, weapons, and mechanical restraining devices.
- Maintains safety and sanitation standards.
- Responds to patient problems, complaints and needs.
- Conducts formal and informal counts of patients and reports any discrepancies to the appropriate personnel.
- Makes sanitation and safety inspections of facility and contents, grounds and vehicles, and corrects or reports shortcomings and deficiencies.
- Develops and maintains a professional rapport with all patients under his/her control – to include, responses to their problems and complaints, referring persons for assistance, and resolving verbal and physical disputes among patients.
- Ensures patient movement is in compliance with facility policy.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Associated topics: canine detection, casino, monitor, patrol, public safety, safety officer, safety report, school, secure, security officer
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.