Website SOLSTICE CONSULTING GROUP
Seeking a Senior Application Engineer (Vapor Recovery Units) for an energy-related manufacturing client.
- Engineering Degree and 10+ years of related experience
- Must have 5+ years recent VRU design and engineering experience
- Can live anywhere in Texas or Oklahoma
- HYBRID 2 days per week to facilities / office locations in Oklahoma and Texas
- Base Salary Up to $150k DOE plus 20% bonus opportunity and full benefits package
Provides front-end engineering and estimating support to sales group for standard and custom Vapor Recovery opportunities. Products include Mechanical Vapor Recovery Units with various compression styles including rotary screw, rotary vane compressors and reciprocating compressors.
Specific Job Functions:
- Sizing and scoping packaged Vapor Recovery Units for custom build to order units.
- Prepare cost estimates utilizing standard costs, past manufacturing history, engineering specifications, labor-hours and rates, material costs, and other technical data for custom mechanical VRUs
- Develop customer proposals, including price, delivery, and supporting documents in accordance with provided specifications and standards guidelines
Familiarity / Understanding with/of:
- Rotary Screw Compressors (LeRoi, Howden, Boss, Rotorcomp, etc.), Rotary Vane Compressors
- (Ro-Flo) and Vertical Reciprocating Compressors (Corken, Blackmer, Quincy).
- Rotary compression Packaging Standards and sizing software
- Industry standard instrument and valve OEMs with general working knowledge
- Understanding of industry standard sizing and specifications on Heat Exchangers, Vessels and Piping design.
- Working understanding of PLC/HMI and VFD capabilities and functions
- Interfaces with sales team and customers to provide technical support and product knowledge
- Consults with fabrication facilities, sub-vendors, engineering, and account managers to determine accuracy and validity of estimate. Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Proficient in defining, estimating, and understanding instrumentation with or without customer specs/P&ID
- Experience in reading and understanding engineering drawings such as PFD, P&ID and layout drawings.
- Familiar with GPSA and API sizing methods; particularly separator and vessel sizing, as well as control and relief valve and line sizing.
- Prepares change order estimates in conjunction with engineering, shop, and project management.
- Working knowledge of industry standards such as ASME, API, and GPSA codes
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with Infor Syteline ERP system or equivalent
- BRE Promax / HYSYS process simulator experience
- Familiarity with local product vendors and pricing
- Professional Engineer (PE) or Engineer in Training (EIT) Certificate preferred
To apply for this job please visit www.jobvertise.com.