Website REQUEST TECHNOLOGY
A prestigious financial firm is on the search for a Senior Associate, Linux Administrator. This company is looking for someone with 3+ years of Linux system installation, operations, administration, and maintenance of the physical and virtualized Servers. They want someone out of a large environment with shelling Scripting experience and any experience with AWS is desired.
- Provide advanced system administration, operational support and problem resolution for a large complex Linux computing environment, including both virtualized and physical Servers
- Create and Patch AMIs, perform pull requests, write Automation code
- Perform Linux administration including changes, deletes, disk space management, application installation, and backup
- Use your infrastructure and networking knowledge to maintain cloud based infrastructure predominantly on AWS involving EC2, S3, RDS & VPC
- Use configuration management tools (primarily Ansible and Terraform) to build and maintain a hybrid infrastructure hosted both at colocation facilities and in the public cloud.
- Work directly with the development team to build supporting infrastructure for specific new application functionality.
- Run proof of concept projects on early stage infrastructure improvements to validate the feasibility of an approach, evaluate performance, and spike an implementation.
- Review and evaluate virtual and physical server performance and capacity
- Forecast system demands and recommends upgrades, expansions and reconfigurations
- Perform automated computing environment builds, site setup, user training, hardware/software installation, maintenance and support and documentation of operating procedures and processes
- Support VMware environment including changes, adding/removing systems, and disk space management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Three or more years’ experience in Linux systems installation, operations, administration, and maintenance of physical and virtualized Servers
- Extensive knowledge of Linux operating systems, Linux shells and standard utilities, and common Linux security tools
- In depth system administration knowledge and skills for RedHat Linux. Knowledge of Amazon Linux is a plus.
- Experience with using Github or other version control tools for source code management
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible and container tools such as Docker
- Ability to write and maintain automation code and scripts and IaaS/Infrastructure as code, such as Terraform
- System administration experience and knowledge of VMware and administration of virtual Servers
- Experience with Github, Ansible, Jenkins and Terraform tools/applications
To apply for this job please visit www.jobvertise.com.