*About the Team* The DoorDash New Business Development team is a small, motivated group responsible for incubating new lines of business and graduating them to scale. Current areas of focus include partnerships in new markets and to support new lines of business, including DoorDash Drive, DoorDash Kitchens, and Storefront. The team’s primary function is revenue generating partnerships, but it also touches strategy, product management, marketing, operations, finance, legal, and other departments necessary to vet and scale new offerings and partner segments. You will report to the Director, Grocery and Convenience Partnerships.
*About the Role* As the *Senior Manager* *of New Business Development* you will lead strategy and partnerships that expand DoorDash’s ghost kitchen footprint, and bolster our leadership position as a white-labeled delivery service provider through entry into new markets.
In this role you will…
* Lead exploratory discussions with prospective partners to determine market fit, size, and readiness for new lines of strategic partnerships.
* Shape roadmap and go-to-market strategies based on market feedback
* Negotiate first-of-a-kind partnerships, including deal economics
* Serve as the liaison between our partners and DoorDash leadership, product management, legal, operations, and other teams
* Develop pitch and positioning for new lines of business or partner segments
* Manage pipelines of target partners
* Grow existing partnerships
* Inform goals for growth and revenue (and its proxies); and advise on associated business resource needs
* Inform go/no-go and prioritization decisions on new businesses
* Impact Motivated — You have a natural desire to improve the overall business
* Curious — You love digging into low levels of detail to extract insights
* Strategic — You love to find the win-win in develop novel agreement structures to grow business with partners
* Diverse — You are happy juggling many priorities concurrently
*We’re excited about you because…*
* You have 8+ years experience in early stage business development or strategic partnerships at the intersection of technology and real estate
* You have sourced and negotiated numerous first-of-a-kind deals and partnerships
* You have experience defining business cases and go-to-market strategies
* You have experience working with different types of teams
* You have a Bachelor’s degree
*Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion* We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also work to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.