Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for managing a team that maintains and enhances the company’s Privacy Program.
- Reviews new initiatives to identify and assess privacy risks and necessary controls to mitigate those risks. Advises and enhances privacy risk assessment processes.
- Drafts, reviews, and implements program policies and procedures. Implements and manages changes in accordance with company policies and procedures. Drives process improvements.
- Supervises the development of privacy risk scorecards and presents status updates to leadership. Prepares for, and participates in, regulatory exams, audits, and compliance tests.
- Assesses the risk raised by third-party service providers whose services are impacted by privacy, legal, or regulatory requirements.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the Privacy Program. Prioritizes and drives enhancements to privacy practices.
- Manages a team that maintains and enhances the company’s privacy program. Provides support, coaching, and counsel to the team. Manages the development of team members by authoring and assigning goals, conducting periodic coaching and feedback reviews, and administering annual performance evaluations.
- Researches regulatory compliance requirements, and evaluates the adequacy of business policies, procedures, training and reference materials, system, and manual processes. Maintains a high level of awareness and knowledge of privacy compliance requirements and identifies privacy risks.
- Implements and monitors effective and efficient tools to store privacy and non-solicitation preferences. Manages the remediation of relevant corrective actions and best practices arising out of annual risk assessment. Implements privacy by design principles and conducts privacy impact assessments. Responds to requests from data subjects or supervisory authorities.
At a minimum, here s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field
- 8+ years of experience in Compliance, Law, Risk, Operations, including some people management
- In lieu of a degree, 12+ years of experience in Compliance, Law, Risk, Operations, including some people management
If we had our say, we d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Business, Security, Law, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Risk
- 10+ years of experience in Compliance, Law, Risk, Operations, including some people management
- CRCM, JD, CISA, CRMP, PMP, RIMS or similar preferred
- CIPP certification
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
Associated topics: attorney corporate, company, compliance, corporate, corporate attorney, counsel, legal, legal department, llp, market
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.