This role can be based in Seattle or Nashville. Virtual Location will be considered.
How often have you had the opportunity to be a founding member of a team building a brand new customer experience with significant senior leadership visibility? Would you love to see your research in practice, directly influencing the world’s largest workforce – over one million employee’s globally? If so, consider joining the World Wide Operations Talent Development team as a part of a new project focused on identifying internal talent potential as scale. You will have the opportunity to get in on the ground floor to design and build an entire experience that enhances the career trajectory and capabilities of over 1 million people worldwide. Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, excited to work in a “green field” and work in a highly cooperative environment that is more startup than big company.
We are looking for equal parts researcher, consultant, and thought leader who enjoys being challenged and thrives in a fast-paced environment. You will work within a cross-functional team to design, build, validate, and implement assessments focused on identifying internal talent potential. A successful candidate will have experience in psychometrics, research methodology, selection assessment design, validation approaches, and data analysis.
In this role, you will:
* Lead the development and execution of a large scale, highly visible, multifaceted, personnel selection research project across all phases (content development, validation design, and implementation)
* Perform complex statistical/quantitative analyses with large datasets to optimize qualitative and quantitative hiring strategies
* Partner with internal and external technology teams for solution execution and the cleanliness and management of large complex data sets.
* Consult with global teams to help define characteristics of high job performance within their business.
* Evaluate research initiatives to provide bottom line value, ROI, and incremental improvements over time.
* Provide ongoing analytics design and develop new analytic strategies.
* Ensure all assessments administered produce equitable outputs across diverse talent audiences.
* Drive teamwork and communication across multiple stakeholder groups.
* Communicate ongoing research methods, strategies, and outcomes in high quality, evidence-based written business documents.
* Serve as a subject matter expert on a wide variety of topics related to research design, measurement, and analysis.
* Influence executive project sponsors, business leaders, and development teams across the company.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
FAQ1. What is the team like? We are a cross-functional mid-size team (15 + manager when everyone is hired) made up of research scientists, program managers, software developers, UX designers, product managers, and business intelligence engineers. This position works with all team members and owns the design, build, validation, and implementation of assessments focused on identifying internal talent potential.
FAQ2. How does our team work together? We will have a standard cadence of team meetings to get together to share work, but casual spontaneous collaboration is also necessary, often sparked through conversation in our team meetings or other communication channels. You will work closely with 2-3 other research scientists and have significant ownership to define your work in order to meet deadlines and deliver results.
FAQ3. What does the World Wide Operations Talent Development organization own? The Operations Talent Development (OTD) Team within World Wide Operations guides the talent development strategy for the largest workforce within Amazon. Our team develops science-based processes and tools; identifies and develops high-potential talent to fill future needs; and provides lifecycle leadership and functional learning solutions. Our customer, World Wide Operations, is comprised of hundreds of thousands of Amazon employees across multiple global order fulfillment, transportation, corporate, and customer service organizations.
* 6+ years of relevant research experience in applied selection practices, job analysis, assessment development, and validation
* Master’s degree in Industrial-Organizational Psychology or related field
* Foundational skills in conducting experimental research studies, assessment design, and data analysis
* Proficiency in R, SAS, or SPSS
* Experience with assessment development within a fast paced, large-scale, complex environment.
* Practice with business writing and oral communication to explain complex analysis and explain results to stakeholders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.