Website REQUEST TECHNOLOGY
Senior Threat Analyst
Salary: $140k-$160k + bonus
Location: Hybrid role in either location
Chicago, IL/Dallas, TX
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or another related field.
- 3-5 years of information security experience, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Minimum one-year hands-on security operations experience including interdisciplinary experience with four or more of the following: Cyber Threat Analysis, Digital Computer Forensics, Incident Response, Application Security, Operating Systems Security, Cryptographic Controls, Networking, Programming languages, Incident Response
- Familiarity with computer network exploitation and network attack methodologies
- Strongly prefer at least one of the following certifications: CISSP, GCTI, GCIA, GCIH, GCFA, CHFI, CCE, CFE
- Intelligence analysis
- Adversary TTP analysis in network and host-based attacks
- Vulnerability assessment tools (Qualys, Nessus, nmap, etc.)
- Incident Response activities
- Log analysis technologies (SIEM, network sniffers, etc.)
- Other Security preventative and detective technologies (EDR, network-based analysis, etc.)
- Standard technical writing tools including MS Word, Excel, Project and Visio
- Directory services, LDAP, and their inherent security (Active Directory, CA Directory).
- Proxy and caching services.
- Client Server platforms including Sun Solaris, Windows, Linux.
- Operating system hardening procedures (Solaris, Linux, Windows, etc.)
- LAN/WAN routing and high availability (OSPF, BGP4/iBGP, EIGRP and NSRP).
- Web Application Firewalls.
- Cloud based security tools and techniques (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Develop and report threat hunting hypotheses based on applicable security threats to the organization.
- Execute threat hunting operations based on hypotheses reports across varied environments.
- Identify enhancements of current threat and situational intelligence sources leveraging proprietary enterprise data, as well as a variety of external sources and open-source data.
- Perform security incident response activities including investigation, coordination, review, and reporting.
- Execute technical analysis of security events while coordinating incident response activities with internal and external teams.
- Ensure collection and preservation of data associated with cyber security incident response activities follow industry best practices and established procedures.
- Develop and support briefings to senior management as a trusted incident responder.
- Oversee process of monthly reporting to Security management on Threat, Vulnerability, and
Incident management metrics.
- Proven team player will be working primarily with other staff members, on both long-term projects and rapid response under tight deadlines.
- Technical understanding of adversarial activities to support threat hunting and purple team operations.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobvertise.com.