Website The Salvation Army, Silvercrest Management
THE SALVATION ARMY KING COUNTY SHELTERS
DEPARTMENT: KING COUNTY SHELTERS POSITION TITLE: SHELTER ATTENDANT/MONITOR
The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church and the ultimate goal of all programs is spiritual regeneration of all people.
The Salvation Army is an equal opportunity employer.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The “Shelter Monitor/Attendant”, is responsible for completion of various assigned tasks including, but not limited to: scheduling client intakes via telephone referral, conducting client interviews and processing guest intake data, and conducting security rounds. The Shelter Monitor/Attendant works closely with participants of the King County Shelter Program. Whether providing basic needs, services, or de-escalating negative client interactions, the position receives daily supervision from the King County Shelter Program Manager, Supervisor or designated assistant.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
* HS Diploma or GED
* Minimum of 6 months experience in public contact / Customer Service
* Experience in social service shelter / residential preferred
* WA. Driver’s License preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* An ability to engage with diverse populations in a respectful and culturally responsive manner.
* Demonstrates a commitment to the values of equity and inclusion by honoring diverse characteristics and expressions of personal identity.
* Detail oriented – attention to detail required
* Team player
* Strong use of the English language in verbal and written communication
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Effective communication and telephone skills
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain poise under pressure
* Customer service mindset
* Ability and willingness to keep information confidential
* Ability to pass a “Protecting the Mission” background check, as required by Salvation Army Standards.
* Ability to successfully complete Salvation Army child safety/vulnerable adult (“Protecting the Mission”) background/reference check procedure
* Basic mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, division, & multiplication)
* Willingness to abide by the Salvation Army’s drug and alcohol policy.
* Knowledge with Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
* Microsoft PowerPoint, helpful
* Knowledge with the use of email program – Outlook
* Working knowledge of integrated database applications and ability to use new software programs with basic training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Respond to crisis and inquiry telephone calls by providing support, information and referrals to other appropriate social service agencies.
* Provide assistance to residents to ensure a safe environment, to include compliance with rules and policies.
* Conduct periodic walking inspections of all areas of the facility, for the purpose of identifying and initiating appropriate action (correction, reporting, etc.) of hazards, inappropriate behavior, needed repairs or other notable condition.
* Respond to emergency situations that may arise, making independent decisions within policy guidelines, as necessary.
* Provide crisis intervention and institute security procedures should a critical or threatening situation arise. Provide timely and appropriate notification to police, fire, emergency medical and supervisory authorities.
* Conduct client intakes and departure processes, as required by department policy.
* Provide orientation, support and supervision to volunteers.
* Assist with the orientation and training of new staff, volunteers and interns.
* Work cooperatively with other Salvation Army staff and programs.
* Represent Salvation Army programs to other community agencies and representatives in a respectful and positive manner.
* Participate in staff meetings.
* Maintain case records and required forms and reports in prescribed format.
* Comply with Salvation Army procedural requirements, including those set forth in
the Policy & Procedure Manual and Employee Handbook.
* Prepare water, coffee, snacks for guests, when available.
* General cleaning (including mopping, sweeping, wipe down) of facility bathrooms, sleeping area, and common areas as assigned.
* Work with Janitorial Staff as assigned.
* Perform other duties as requested.
* Ability to rapidly travel over uneven surfaces, up and down steps, up and down ramps and to climb stepladders, as necessary to perform duties of the position.
* Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead
* Ability to lift up to 45 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The Salvation Army is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified job applicants, job candidates, and employees with disabilities to ensure they enjoy equal access to all employment opportunities and benefits of employment as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act. EEO is the Law.
Associated topics: americorps, community and in home participating, community participating, community service, consultant, customer experience, minister, school, teacher, tutor
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.