Website Deer Valley Resort
Please note, this position is located at Deer Valley Resort in Park City, UT.
H-2B visa eligible!
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Maintain, move and set up snowmaking equipment including yet not limited to, snow guns and hoses to maximize snowmaking operation. Conduct equipment and production checks including monitoring weather conditions during snowmaking operations. Provide consistent snow density and distribution while creating a skiable snow surface with grooming machinery. Slope Maintenance staff will work full-time on the Snowmaking and Grooming crews as workloads dictate throughout the season.
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF 3 MONTHS EXPERIENCE OPERATING SNOWMAKING EQUIPMENT
- Must be in excellent physical condition, able to lift and carry at least 60 pounds
- Able to walk on steep and variable terrain and tolerate working in extreme conditions
- Must be safety conscious and have a mechanical aptitude
- Heavy equipment operating experience is preferred
- Understanding or development of snowmaking/grooming objectives and techniques
- Receptive and responsive to instruction
- Dependable and able to work well with others
- Must be willing to work all scheduled shifts including swing and graveyard shifts
- Must have a phone to maintain communication
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Basic troubleshooting of snowmaking guns, hydrants and equipment
- Safely operate heavy machinery, company vehicles and snowmobiles as assigned
- Competently and conscientiously perform the required equipment inspections, servicing and record tracking of the results accurately and completely
- Must be responsive to direction and instruction while training and performing assignments
- Become familiar and competent with Deer Valley Snowmaking and Slope Grooming equipment and techniques
- Provide acceptable results while operating equipment on which one has been trained
- Quickly and accurately report any problem with the product or equipment to a supervisor
- Assist with minor equipment repairs as needed
- Maintain the cleanliness of the equipment and facilities
- Exhibit professional conduct and proper radio etiquette
- Provide the best product possible and concentrate on improving techniques
- Other duties as assigned
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.