Want to help revolutionize the Smart TV? Fire TV Edition is Amazon’s program to build all the great features of our Fire TV products right into the smart TV itself.
To apply for this role, you should be comfortable building and managing a team through all phases of software development. Strong communication and problem solving skills will be essential. In this role you will manage a dev team of Android developers delivering user facing applications and middleware to support our Smart TV products. You will help develop and drive the Smart TV roadmap and product vision and you will have a high degree of ownership in critical features and user experiences. The role is inherently cross-functional — you will work closely with both user facing and low level software, UX, outside partner engineering companies, and executive stakeholders. We are looking for someone with deep customer focus as well as passion for innovation and an established track record delivering products to customers on client side software stacks.
* Hire and develop a team of Android client side software engineers
* Handle planning and delivery in an Agile environment
* Define goals and priorities to meet commitments
* Work with UX/PM to define the best customer experience
* 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
* 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
* Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
* BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
* Experience of hiring and developing software engineers with a passion to develop great people
* Experience of software development including design and implementation
* Technical leadership experience, with direct software engineering experience strongly preferred
* Programming experience in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C#, or Python
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.