AWS BIOS/Firmware team is looking for a Software Development Manager (SDM) who has a strong passion for overseeing the end-to-end operation of firmware production from build, test, to deployment . Our team provides BIOS/firmware component for most of AWS servers in data centers around the world. This is a highly visible role on a growing team that delivers BIOS/Firmware as a service to support robust AWS business and this role is instrumental for ensuring a predictable and reliable deployment of high-quality BIOS/firmware.
As a SDM, you will help us manage all aspects of BIOS/firmware operation from production, build, test, to deployment, and you will be driving the implementation of useful operation metrics and building the dashboard to monitor the health of the BIOS/Firmware so that we can detect and react to various adverse events in the fleet. You will work in a dynamic and talented team, closely interacting with internal customers, managers, and TPMs to streamline the operation, and you will be communicating plans and status to senior leadership and stakeholders who depend on a robust BIOS/firmware deployment. We apply cutting-edge AWS tools and data techniques to build useful dashboards that provide insights at scale. Your work will impact all AWS business and the systems you build will be widely utilized across the organization. Your hands-on experience will contribute to building and leading a team of world-class software developers who thrive on creating innovative, scalable solutions for real-world data center infrastructure problems. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you’ll work with thought leaders in multiple technology areas.
* Lead, mentor, and coach team members to drive projects from production to deployment, and automate the end-to-end BIOS/Firmware production process.
* Engage with build/test automation and data science teams to show the progress of a release candidate and the health of deployed BIOS/Firmware in the fleet.
* Coordinate with partner teams and internal customers so that these systems can be widely utilized to produce the maximum business impact.
* Resolve ambiguities and align team plans to minimize confusion on BIOS features deployment timing and versioning.
– Update BOM and part numbers in the database for manufacturing partners.
* Develop and review requirements for automation and dashboard building.
* Track and report the team’s progress using metrics that capture impact and value.
* Drive and validate BIOS feature development effort and ensure a robust test plan and operation metrics embedded in code.
Why you will love it: You get to be the complete owner of your technology, from roadmap to design to development to test to production. You will innovate on next-generation devices. You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for our developers. You will lead part of a growing, fast-paced, and fun organization. Along the way, you will learn, have fun, and make a positive impact on millions of customers.
* Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, equivalent majors or equivalent experience.
* 10+ years of experience in software/firmware development across full product life cycles
* 5+ years of experience building and managing high performance platform and/or infrastructure software engineering teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.