Are you an inventive software engineer? Do you want to work with exciting technology such as Scala, MongoDB, Kinesis, and Docker? Is it important to you to hold yourself to high standards? Are you a creative thinker who enjoys solving meaningful problems in innovative ways? Do you like interesting technical challenges? If so, this company might have the perfect job for you.
This company is designing the next generation of software for the clinical research site. We focus on enabling efficient, collaborative, timely execution of clinical trials to make research an enjoyable, cost effective endeavor once more.
You will join an interdependent, fun, engaged development organization that is focused on delivering high-quality software solutions.
Write and maintain our core platform. You will be expected to maintain an eye towards best practices, including testability, scalability, monitoring, and performance. If you consider yourself a “full stack” engineer, you’ll also be working on our UI application.
– Partner with UI engineers and fellow platform engineers in the process of defining our RESTful API.
– Participate in and encourage a cordial, helpful, results-driven working environment
Skills: object-oriented programming, Web Services, Cloud, Functional Programming, SaaS, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
Top Skills Details: 1) 5+ years of professional experience within some form of object-oriented software engineering (ideally within a progressive SaaS development environment)
2) Back-End development skills to include:
– Object-Oriented Programming Expertise (open to ANY and all OOP languages as long as the candidate is capable and interested in learning/working with Scala)
– Experience developing RESTful web services and/or microservices
– Professional experience with either SQL or NoSQL databases (this client uses PostgreSQL AND MongoDB – therefore, they are open to candidates who have experience with any competitive brand databases as long as they are open to learning/working with both)
3) Experience developing applications within a cloud-hosted environment (AWS, GCP, Azure etc – client hosts within AWS)
4) ***Must be open to learning the Scala programming language – No previous experience required!***
***Note: The client is open to either full-stack engineers OR fully back-end focused engineers. Therefore, if there are candidates who have full-stack skills and want to continue full-stack responsibilities, the client is completely open to that. Additionally, the client is also open to candidates who are more back-end focused and want to remain focused on responsibilities within back-end development.
For Full-Stack Candidates:
Additional Skills & Qualifications: Essential Experience:
– Track record of delivering high-quality features and services, ideally, within a SaaS web application.
– Hands-on experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes (preferred, but NOT required).
– Exposure to working with basic AWS services such as EC2, S3, or Lambda (preferred, but NOT required)
– Exposure to working with and building asynchronous microservices (preferred, but NOT required).
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or comparable experience.
– Professional knowledge of relational database systems, such as MySQL and PostgreSql.
– At least 5+ years professional software development experience.
– Written production Scala code.
– An understanding of the value of unit tests, and the importance of principles such as TDD.
– Experience with functional programming, in any language.
– Previously used any of the following: Finatra, Finagle, AWS Kinesis, SBT, Specs2, Scalatest, and Typesafe config.
– Experience working with NoSQL data stores such as Redis, MongoDB, and ElasticSearch.
– Exposure to working with protected health information or in a regulated environment.
Experience Level: Intermediate Level
We’re partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That’s the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: .net, backend, back end, c c++, matlab, php, programming, software developer, software engineer, software programmer
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.