Website Memorial Health University Medical Center
Sign on Bonus available
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Special Procedures Tech today with Memorial Health University Medical Center.
Memorial Health University Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Special Procedures Tech. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Scrub Technician, you will work under the direct supervision of the circulating RN to assist the operating surgeon. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other, and are looking for a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
What you will do in this role:
- You will manage instruments, equipment and supplies for all surgical procedures
- You will perform specific and assigned tasks which are supportive of all patient populations
- You will support, maintain and provide an environment which is supportive of quality care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- You will strive to meet the expectations and needs of customers, respond to concerns with a sense of urgency and seek win-win solutions for unreasonable customer expectations.
- You will seek opportunities for professional growth through participation in continuing education, staff development and hospital committees
What qualifications you will need:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Surgical Technology
- Experience in OR preferred
- Must hold current certification in Surgical Technology
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) is required
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Memorial Health University Medical Center has provided quality healthcare services since 1955, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 600+ bed hospital is one of the region’s leading acute care facilities that serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina. Located in Savannah, Georgia, we are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children’s care, high-risk pregnancies and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region’s only Level I trauma center and children’s hospital, as well as the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine.
At Memorial Health, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient’s family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual.”
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Special Procedures Tech opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: lab, medical lab science, medical laboratory science, microbiology, pathology, sample collection, scientist, sterile processing technician, technician iii, toxicology
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.