Website REQUEST TECHNOLOGY - CRAIG JOHNSON
*This is a 6+ month contract, CTH role, there is no sponsorship, and no 3rd party candidates will be considered*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a SQL QA Migration Tester. Candidate will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of new features as well as improvement of existing functionality for data architecture projects. This includes Integration testing, Customer Data Quality testing, Data verification testing, Regression testing etc.
This is a hands-on testing position which requires deep knowledge and understanding of all aspects of developing and executing Back End testing. The Test Engineer must be an advocate for all things Testing and Quality Assurance while driving and implementing best practices. The ideal candidate must possess strong analytical and critical thinking abilities. Data testing skills are required.
- Review business requirements, functional specifications, use cases, design, and architecture documents to create effective, value-add test plans.
- Identify and close gaps, by assisting in QA discovery or analysis of a built or process, in order to facilitate requirements refinements.
- Identify issues in data, application configurations and screen designs, report and oversee issue resolution.
- Become an expert in business rules, system functionality and architecture.
- Plan and execute Manual, Functional, and Regression test suite.
- Independently develop, modify, and execute test plans based on requirements and design documents.
- Contribute to and maintain project documentation.
- Provide concise and consistent status reporting.
- Identify, report and track defects and User Experience issues through a system of record.
- Collaborate with external teams on root cause analysis.
- Maintain close interaction with business and technical peers during the project life cycle.
- Ensuring proper traceability from requirements to test artifacts.
- Actively participate in requirements and code reviews.
- Actively participate and drive improvements in Agile Scrum delivery.
- Be a thought leader in the test design and execution arena (manual and automated).
- Identify process bottlenecks and suggest improvement actions.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and testing approaches.
- Creation and input of test data, either manually or by using tools, programs, or masked production data to execute test cases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area.
- Hands-on experience using SQL queries for results validation and data mining.
- Hands-on experience in Planning and Manual test execution.
- Experience in Regression Test Strategies, Regression suite maintenance and execution.
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience on a variety of projects in Test Strategy, Test Design, Test Execution analysis & reporting.
- Hands-on experience with Jira, ALM, TFS/ADO or similar systems of record.
- Understanding of Development and Test cycles, including respective best practices.
- Hands-on experience in Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues, identifying root causes and support development team in development of resolutions.
- Strong communication and Client/Business interfacing and interpersonal skills are a must.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobvertise.com.