How often have you had an opportunity to be a member of a team that is tasked with solving customer needs through disruptive and innovative technology? Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and highly collaborative environment that’s more startup than big company. If this sounds intriguing, then we’d like to talk to you about a role on the Amazon WWDE team.
The Customer Service Worldwide Defect Elimination (WWDE) organization drives Amazon towards a defect-free customer experience by building technology that rapidly identifies defects, associates them with the information required to resolve the root cause, and prioritizes the multitude of improvement opportunities based on business and customer needs. To continue expanding our defect elimination program, WWDE is seeking a passionate, results-oriented, Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE).
A Sr. BIE on WWDE partners with Software Developers, Data Engineers, Research Scientists, and Program Managers to provide insights on customer feedback, create key performance indicators for our products, and assist in feature engineering and model development. The ideal candidate has strong business judgment, experience measuring product performance, and partners with product owners to answer key questions.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter and fast learner who can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. You need to be analytical in your decision making, with a demonstrated ability to drive issues to completion.
Our environment is fast-paced, and requires someone who is enthusiastic, flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and comfortable working with multiple teams and competing priorities. In this role you will be responsible for helping understand the severity of defects, measuring performance of our product and resolutions, and assisting in the development of statistical models. This role has significant impact on the customer experience and defect elimination by detecting and enabling timely resolution of the most egregious defects experienced by the customers.
Amazon is one of the world’s most trusted companies and known for its low prices. Help us keep it that way. Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
* Design, develop and maintain scaled, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support our business needs.
* Partner with operations/business teams/economist/ML teams to consult, develop and implement KPI’s, automated reporting/process solutions and data infrastructure improvements to meet business needs.
* Develop the end-to-end automation of data pipelines, making datasets readily-consumable by visualization tools, notification systems and ML models.
* Apply your deep analytic and business intelligence skill to extract meaningful insight and learning from large and complicated data sets.
* Use creative problem-solving to automate the collection and analysis from available data sources in order to deliver actionable output.
* Iteratively improve analysis and identify new metrics to improve analytics.
* Serve as liaison between the Business and technical teams to achieve the goal of providing actionable insights into current business performance, and ad hoc investigations into future improvements or innovations. This will require data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
* 6+ Years of Data Warehouse Experience with Redshift, EMR, Spark etc.
* 6+ Years of experience with SQL, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
* 6+ years of experience in maintaining data warehouse systems and working on large scale data transformation using AWS technologies, such as S3 and Redshift
* 6+ years of coding experience in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Scala, Java, etc.) Ability to self-direct, multitask, and prioritize a constantly evolving workload.
* 6+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate data into operational planning/business planning or advanced degree.
* Advanced skills in Excel as well as any data visualization tools like Tableau or similar BI tools (familiarity with Tableau and Quicksight preferred).
* Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them (verbal/written) to the stakeholders and senior management as required.
* Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data. An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.