7172 – Clearwater – 2550 Roosevelt Blvd, Clearwater, Florida, 33760
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for all aspects of the paint application process, minor repairs, sanding, grinding, and paint preparation.
On as needed basis, also responsible for Reconditioning Associate, Reconditioning Associate I, II, Senior Reconditioning Associate and Senior Reconditioning Associate I duties including, but not limited to, zone maintenance vehicle receiving and prep for delivery, car wash, interior and exterior cleaning, carpet shampooing, waxing, paint touch-up, wet sanding, buffing and Paintless Dent Removal (PDR).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete paint application
- Complete minor repairs including sanding and grinding
- Complete paint preparation including color matching and mixing
- Participate in problem solving and continuous improvement activities with team
- Execute standardized work as defined
- Ensure that all vehicles meet CarMax Paint Standards
- Ensure all equipment is maintained, repaired, and cleaned as required
- Ensure proper inventory levels of all personal protective equipment, tools, and chemicals, required to carry out paint process for all Senior Reconditioning Associates
- Ensure work place cleanliness and organization in accordance with CarMax 5S standards
- Provide outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers
- Interior and exterior detailing, interior repair, inventory and paint preparation functions
- Complete duties as assigned by Leads and Managers
Position requires the following pre-requisites and abilities:
- New Associate Orientation Training – Operations
- Accountable to Associate 1 Competency Model
- Kronos Training for Hourly Associates
- Meet Reconditioning Associate, Reconditioning Associate I, Reconditioning Associate II, Senior Reconditioning Associate and Senior Reconditioning Associate I Performance Standards
- Successfully complete Reconditioning Associate, Reconditioning Associate I, Reconditioning Associate II, Senior Reconditioning Associate, Senior Reconditioning Associate I and II Workstation Certifications
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records
- Discern appropriate paint colors for purposes of painting and reconditioning vehicles to meet CarMax standards
- Perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 50lbs
- Speak and listen effectively in dealing with customers/associates, both in person and over the phone
- Complete CarMax provided training in all functional areas of reconditioning process, allowing for cross-training and full coverage of all areas
- Indoor and outdoor environment; may include working at times in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions
- Adhere to all CarMax policies including, but not limited to: Time and Attendance Policy, Asset Protection, Culture of Integrity and Standards of Professional Appearance
- Follow all government regulations including, but not limited to, OSHA and EPA standards
- Requires walking or standing for an extended period of time.Follow all CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA standards including the use of Personal Protective Equipment, and proper waste disposal in required areas
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For .
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant’s request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Associated topics: coat, coater, conformal coat, dirt, grit, paint, plater, polish, repaint, wax
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.