Website St. David's South Austin Medical Center
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for Cath Lab Registered Nurse position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at St. David’s South Austin Medical Center!
StaRN Plus Cath Lab Program Details
HCA Healthcare and St. David’s HealthCare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We are currently seeking ambitious RNs that are looking to advance their skill set and join our Cath Lab. Unlock your potential with HCA s StaRN Plus Program for the Cath Lab.
The StaRN Plus Cath Lab Transition Program provides a comprehensive blended program that bridges the nursing practice gap for experienced RNs transitioning into the Cath Lab specialty. Open to internal and external candidates.
Program Start Date: September 26th, 2022
Attendance is imperative and all days are required to remain in the program. No days can be missed. The program is facilitated by HealthTrust (part of the HCA family).
- 11 Week training for experienced RNs
- Four (4) weeks of interactive classroom discussions, case studies, hands on skills training, and simulations with experienced StaRN instructors
- Seven (7) weeks of unit based clinical preceptorship
Interactive classroom lectures/discussions
- Curriculum-based on evidence-based practice, National Standards and HCA Healthcare Clinical Standards of Excellence
- 12-Lead ECG Interpretation
- AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support for the Experienced Provider in the Procedural Specialty
- Electronic Documentation at the assigned hospital Cardiac Cath Lab
- Cardiovascular Pharmacology
- TeamSTEPPS Communication Training for Patient Safety
- Understanding the use of Cardiac Cath Lab Catheters and Wires in the Circulating RN Role
- Pre Procedural, Intra Procedural, and Post Procedural Care
Hands-on Cardiac Cath Lab RN Skills Training, that includes but not limited to:
- Impella Device
- Loop Recorders
- Temporary Pacemakers / ICD s
- Interventional Diagnostic Tools: IVUS, Rotapro, FFR, OCT
- Sterile Procedure
- Radiation Safety
- Hemodynamic monitoring
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Cardiac Cath Lab, you will be responsible for nursing care and related assistance for adult and geriatric patients with a broad range of illnesses. You will handle assessment of patients, medication administration, direct and indirect patient care, circulating cases, scrubbing procedures and procedure documentation and monitoring.
* You will complete and document a patient assessment upon admission
* You will reassess and document changes in patient condition
* You will administer medications and monitor and document response
* You will monitor the patient s overall status pre, during, and post procedure
* You will communicate any patient changes to the physician
* You will manage patients with a potentially life-threatening dysrhythmia or hemodynamic change via physician order by using medications and emergency equipment
* You will explain procedures to patients and assess their understanding
* 2 years of critical care experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Cardiac nursing or critical care experience – preferred
* Associate s degree in Nursing (ADN)
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification per St. David s Healthcare policy
St. David s South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David s HealthCare. We are a 368-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties. Our services include a nationally accredited oncology program with the area s only adult Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program; advanced trauma care with a Level II trauma center; comprehensive cardiac, stroke and orthopedic programs; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop. St. David s South Austin Medical Center is affiliated with the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. We offer advanced robotic services for orthopedics, open heart and lung surgery, complex GI surgery, surgical oncology, general surgery, colorectal surgery, and urology. It was one of the first hospitals in Central Texas to combine the use of CT imaging and robotics to detect early stage lung cancer.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Across HCA Healthcare s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow.”
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Cath Lab Registered Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: asn, cardiothoracic, ccu, infusion, intensive, neonatal, nurse rn, staff nurse, surgical, tcu
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.