Website Memorial Health
Assists with support of efficient and effective packaging, decontamination and handling of sterile medical products. Completes training in all of the areas of assembly, phones/case carts and decontamination and to pass a competency requirement of the department. At the completion of orientation, responsible for processing and reprocessing of reusable products as well as preparation of case cart. Participates in activities to analyze and improve sterile processing performance and support safety. Manages supplies, instrumentation, instrumentation repairs and equipment repair activities. May also be trained to assemble the more complex specialty trays in orthopedics, sterilizers, and the Scope Processing Area. May be assigned as the charge person in the absence of the Lead Tech.
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent required.
- Successful completion of orientation programs and competency requirements required within six months of job placement.
- Central Sterile Tech preferred within 18 months
- Knowledgeable in the storage, handling and distribution of sterile medical products.
- Demonstrates knowledge of surgical attire, aseptic techniques, event-related sterility, monitoring of environmental conditions, traffic patterns and other practices influencing maintenance of a sterile filed.
- Demonstrates competence in the use of decontamination equipment and instrument sterilization.
- Demonstrates knowledge of fire safety and evacuation routes.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Basic proficiency with personal computers and their associated applications.
- Possess the ability to regularly lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task autonomously while working on multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Demonstrates creativity, flexibility and the ability to resolve atypical problems.
- Performs cleaning, inspection and protective measures after instrumentation use to ensure proper operation. Promptly identifies any defects and malfunctions. Takes proper steps in plan for repair or loaners from external vendors. Appropriately reports instrumentation and equipment removed from service for repair. Inspects items returned from repair prior to replacing into service.
- Consults with Sterile Processing Manager or Sterile Processing Lead Technician to facilitate daily plan for instrumentation need and turnaround.
- Collaborates with instrument vendors, nursing and equipment tech personnel to actively contribute to the instrumentation turnaround planned for specific surgical cases are available and prepared for use.
- Demonstrates competence in the use of decontamination equipment, flash/container sterilization and implements instrument sterilization.
- Examines the surgical environment for conditions that pose a safety risk and takes action to minimize risk.
- Demonstrates knowledge of surgical instrumentation by providing a resource for nursing staff and equipment techs.
- Verbally and nonverbally demonstrates a willingness to support organizational change and assists with the development of a plan to accomplish change. Functions to support a culture of teamwork and safety.
- Demonstrates knowledge of surgical attire, aseptic technique, event-related sterility, monitoring of environmental conditions, traffic patterns and other practices influencing maintenance of a sterile field.
- Demonstrates compliance with safety principles. Recognizes and reports unsafe conditions and contributes to their resolution. Demonstrates knowledge of fire safety and evacuation routes.
- Handles floor stock medications or medications delivered from pharmacy directly or through the pneumatic tube system. Relocates these medications, in original containers, to designated secure storage locations or delivers to the appropriate licensed staff.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
Associated topics: blood collection, hematopathology, lab, medical lab science, microbiology, scientist, sterile processing technician, technician, technician ii, technician laboratory
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.