Website TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center
SHIFT: No Weekends
At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Stroke Coordinator Registered Nurse today with Southern Hills Medical Center.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Southern Hills Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
Student Loan Repayment
Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
Paid Personal Leave
401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
Identity Theft Protection discounts
Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking an Stroke Coordinator Registered Nurse for our facility to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and we are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Facilitates the development, implementation, and ongoing adherence of stroke program protocols and therapies within the facility.
Position tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with medical and hospital staff to provide multidisciplinary care to patients with a diagnosis of sepsis
- Rounds with physicians with the diagnosis of reviews clinical data
- Provides education and clinical expertise to care team, patients, and families
- Collaborates with physicians and staff in an effort to decrease mortality and length of stay
- Develops and integrates patient learning needs
- Works in collaboration with the nursing team to develop and implement individualized teaching plans for patients and families in regards of Stroke diagnosis
- Ensures the protocols and therapies become the standard of care followed within the facility
- Collects and analyzes sepsis/Stroke program patient data to assist with documentation, clinical care, and improved outcomes
- Coordinates Stroke Committee Meetings and/or any other assigned PI/Hospital Committee
- Attends Division Quality calls, Quality Council, and other meetings as assigned. Will also attend Medical Staff department meetings as needed for education purposes
- Coordinates annual required hospital-wide staff education and maintains copies of records
- Conducts concurrent data review of Sepsis and stroke/TIA patients and enters Stroke data for Get with the Guidelines and Joint Commission
- Develops and provides staff/patient education to promote compliance to regulatory and accrediting bodies as assigned.
- Maintains knowledge of current disease specific guidelines, Get with the Guidelines evaluation criteria
- Participates in Get with the Guidelines in-services
- Accurately abstracts and enters data for any assigned Core Measures or Performance Improvement project
- Prepares graphs and reports to showcase data
- Timely and accurately measures the stroke criteria for The Joint Commission as appropriate:
- Coordinates evidence based Sepsis program with physicians, staff, and community
- Analyses 1, 3, and 6 hour bundle compliance measures
- Participates in monthly sepsis workgroups
- Recommends process improvement through evidence based interventions with physician/staff input
- Develops, coordinates, and provides education to physicians, staff, and community on sepsis/stroke awareness and treatment
- Attends stroke/sepsis division and corporate meetings
- Provides a safe environment for patient, visitor and employees through identifying/correcting/reporting health and safety hazards
- Performs other duties as assigned
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Stroke Coordinator Registered Nurse opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
- Current Tennessee RN license.
- BSN preferred
- ED or Intensive Care Nursing experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, care, coronary, hospice, mhb, neonatal, nurse clinical, registed, surgery
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.