Website Lincoln Surgical Hospital
Join our growing team!
Nebraska Surgery Center is expanding and moving to a new location!
Our new location features state of the art equipment and spacious OR suites and recovery rooms.
We are a looking for dynamic, dedicated, patient focused professionals to be a part of this exciting opportunity.
Nebraska Surgery Center specializes in Orthopedics, Gastroenterology, General, Ophthalmology, Pediatric Dental, Plastic and Cosmetic, Obstetrics and Gynecological, Neuro, and ENT.
This position is eligible for a $5000 sign-on bonus!
The Surgical Technologist is specifically involved with the instrumentation and technical aspect of the operative event.
Hours: Full time, Monday Friday, 8 or 10 hours shifts between the hours of 5:30 am 5:30 pm.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive knowledge of and ability to implement principles of aseptic technique.
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility by performing scrub duties for a variety of surgical procedures
- Understanding of principles of surgical positioning.
- Knowledge of surgical instrumentation and equipment use and care.
- Knowledge of surgical procedures and basics of care to include anesthesia and potential complications.
- Recognition of signs and symptoms of emergency situations and interventions
- Must be cognizant of and able to apply competencies in age based needs of patient populations served to include limitations in hearing, sight, comprehension and cognitive skills.
- Identifies selects and coordinates equipment and supplies required for scheduled procedure with circulating nurse.
- Assists in pulling required instrumentation, supplies and equipment.
- Assists in AM preparation of room with disinfectant, room turnover, cleaning and PM cleaning and restocking. Identifies supplies needing to be ordered.
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program and CPR certification required.
- CST required within 6 months of the date of hire.
- Previous experience in surgery or prior scrub experience preferred.
Nebraska Surgery Center has a competitive benefits package to include:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with a company match
- Uniform Reimbursement
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Laser vision correction discount
- Fitness Center
Associated topics: cst, cvor, instructor, operating room technician, or technician, relief, surgical, surgical core technician, technologist, technologist surgical
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.