Website Viking River Cruises
Founded in 1997, Viking is the world’s leading small ship travel company, exploring more than 20 rivers, five oceans, five great lakes and all seven continents. Offering destination-focused experiences for curious travelers, Viking has amassed more than 250 awards and was recently voted the #1 River Cruise Line and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line by Cond Nast Traveler in the publication’s 2021 Readers’ Choice Awards.
In summer2022, Viking will launch its new, highly-anticipated Mississippi River cruises and will introduce the most luxurious ship ever built for the river, the 386-guest Viking Mississippi . Sailing on board the elegant new ship, you will dock in the heart of iconic cities that line the river; during your free time, you will be just footsteps from exploring the fascinating places that stretch from New Orleans all the way north to St. Paul.
At Viking, we offer great pay and great benefits-including a Swiss-developed training program and a work schedule that provides up to 13 weeks off each year. With all of your living expenses covered during work weeks-including lodging, meals, Wi-Fi, travel to/from the ship, uniforms & laundry-you have the unique chance to save more of your pay than in most other restaurant or hospitality positions. Being a valued member of the Viking family, you join a close-knit, supportive group of colleagues-many of whom form lifelong working relationships and friendships. And, with training from the industry leader, you will receive the skills, knowledge and tools to be successful-as well as abundant opportunities for advancement. Regardless of where you are on your career journey, Viking can help you in reaching new destinations.
Multiple positions open for immediate hiring; starting at$31,500annually
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- – The Tailor/Linenkeeper repairs crew uniforms, guests’ clothing and all Hotel Department linen.
– It is your responsibility to create a friendly, guest-oriented service culture to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business, which in turn, will increase revenue and profitability of the company.
- – Repair any torn or damaged linen for the Hotel Department; repair minor damages on curtains and drapes.
– Repair and make alterations to guests’ clothing; make alterations to company issued uniforms, as required.
– Ensure that all threads, buttons, needles etc. are maintained at par levels, at all times and order supplies as needed.
– Regenerate replacement linen from soiled and damaged items, for example, cleaning rags from damaged towels.
– Carry out repairs on soft furnishings to extend the life of such items, where possible.
– Assist with all linen inventories, and with issuing and checking Steward supplies.
– In conjunction with the Hotel Storekeeper, manage and distribute crew uniforms and assist with all uniform requisitions and inventories.
– Proactively ensure that the uniform store is sufficient and well-maintained, at all times and that orders are placed within the given timelines, taking upcoming crew changes into count.
– Assist the Inventory Manager and Store Team with loading, as required.
– Have an in-depth understanding of the working hours policies and procedures.
– Minimize equipment loss/damage, and maintain immaculate cleanliness standards in relevant areas, by applying safe working policies and procedures, according to all Public Health Policies, and ensuring that all equipment is returned accordingly, after each use.
– Participate in “The Daily Reunion” every day to understand your team’s operational needs and to ensure consistent adherence to Viking’s STAR Service Standards.
– Ensure you always wear the appropriate and task specific Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for your duties onboard. Always use correct lifting techniques to prevent injuries.
– Uphold impeccable grooming standards at all times by complying with Viking’s Image and Uniform Standards.
– Ensure that company property is appropriately secured and protected, especially during rough weather conditions, in order to prevent unnecessary loss or damage.
– Demonstrate outstanding flexibility: must be able to work at different times of the day, under pressure and reflect a positive can-do attitude and the best image of Viking at all times.
– Have full knowledge about safety & security procedures and can operate in line with all Public Health, Environmental and Safety & Security Policies; participate in all training concerning onboard training,
Associated topics: fertilize, forklift, fork lift, garden, lawn, manage, mow, plant, production management, transplant
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.