Website Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for Telemetry Licensed Vocational Nurse position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
Las Palmas Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Las Palmas Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The LVN staff nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas and the Texas Board of Nursing. In collaboration with the patient, the patient s family and other members of the health care team, the clinical LVN works under the direction of a Registered Nurse in the delivery of patient care.
- LVN licensed in state of Texas or compact state
- BCLS certification.
- ACLS certification
- Completion of LVN program
- Read and write basic English with the basic skills necessary to understand and transfer physician s orders
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Preferred experience as LVN 1-2 years Med-Surg.
- Specialty certification/training as appropriate.
- Read and write Basic English with the basic skills necessary to understand and transfer physician s orders.
- Ability to move an excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from other staff.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to work as a team member within a team to ensure quality patient care.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Las Palmas Medical Centeris a 300+ bed full-service hospital in El Paso. It is home to the region s only kidney transplant center. The facility offers a range of services including emergency care with a Level III trauma center, cardiac care, women s services, pediatric care and NICU, cancer care, and more. Las Palmas Medical Center is part of Las Palmas Del Sol Healthcare. We are a leading healthcare provider for El Paso and the surrounding region that is part of HCA Healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Across HCA Healthcare s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow.”
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Telemetry Licensed Vocational Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: hemodialysis, licensed vocational, lpn, med surg, mtp, nurse ii, nurse iii, nurse iv, nurses, vocational nurse
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.