Website St. David's South Austin Medical Center
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At St. David’s South Austin Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Trauma Care Unit Registered Nurse to join our healthcare family.
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life for life and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Transitional Care Unit Registered Nurse opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Critical Care Registered Nurse (RN) in the Trauma Care Unit (TCU), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, implementing and evaluating care. You will be responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel on the team.
* You will perform and document patient assessments at the time of the admission
* You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients response to treatment and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
* You will document the outcomes of nursing interventions and patient responses
* You will provide educational materials to patients and families on care and treatments
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will perform venipuncture, administer and maintain IV fluids and IV medications
* You will review all new physician orders, ensure that orders are carried out and documented correctly, and verify that other departments are notified of orders and services
* You will provide accurate and relevant patient information reports to the Multidisciplinary Rounds Team and to the Nurse Leader and to the on-coming shift to ensure continuity of care
* 1 years of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Experience in an acute care setting preferred
* Experience in an adult trauma step down unit or adult intermediate care unit (IMC) preferred
* Associate’s degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David s Healthcare policy
* Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC or TCAR) certification required as per St. David s Healthcare policy within 1 year from hire date
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification required as per St. David s Healthcare policy within 1 year from hire date
* Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) Certification preferred
* Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification preferred
St. David s South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David s HealthCare. We are a 368-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties. Our services include a nationally accredited oncology program with the area s only adult Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program; advanced trauma care with a Level II trauma center; comprehensive cardiac, stroke and orthopedic programs; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop. St. David s South Austin Medical Center is affiliated with the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. We offer advanced robotic services for orthopedics, open heart and lung surgery, complex GI surgery, surgical oncology, general surgery, colorectal surgery, and urology. It was one of the first hospitals in Central Texas to combine the use of CT imaging and robotics to detect early stage lung cancer.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient’s family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual.”
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Transitional Care Unit Registered Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care unit, ccu, hospice, intensive, mhb, nurse, nurse clinical, nurse rn, registered nurse
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.