Website McLane Company
What’s Your Story?
Everyone has a story. No two teammates are alike. At McLane, we understand that what you do after work is just as important as what you do on the clock. We prove it by offering you time and compensation to make your story the best it can be.
TRUCK DRIVER TRAINEE
FS101 DC Portland
Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 125 years of success. We are looking for teammates with perseverance who will take the extra step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return, we will pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- A teammate in this job will train side-by-side with a Driver Trainer to acquire the skills necessary to perform the following functions: Provides customer service including on-time delivery of undamaged product, product returns and issuing valid customer credits.
- Assists the Driver in unloading trailer and delivering product into customer premises.
- Maintain driver log (Manual or PeopleNet) according to DOT regulations, documenting delivery receipt, product temperatures and exceptions.
- Rides and trains with Driver Trainer of tractor-trailer to various destinations, gaining knowledge of commercial driving regulations and observing the Drivers skill in starting engine properly, approaching intersections, making turns, backing, parking, and maneuvering vehicle on the road and on customer premises.
- Operates Driver Delivery Handheld (DDH), document delivery receipts/product temperatures and exceptions.
- Inspects trailer to ensure product is secure for undamaged transport of product.
- Inspect tractor-trailer equipment for defects pre/post trip and submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
- Operates truck in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Maneuver tractor into position to attach trailer and handle lines to secure.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A teammate in this position must: Able to safely drive a tractor-trailer, use a 2-wheeled dolly, ramp, and on board PeopleNet devices.
- Able to communicate with customers, management, and other teammates.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations to verify quantities of product.
- Ability to read and comprehend labels, instructions, and bills of lading.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, climb, reach, bend, squat, and stoop to accomplish the essential job functions.
- Ability and willingness to select/load/unload and/or deliver ALL products that may be ordered by McLane customers.
- Meet eligibility requirements in the McLane Transfer and Promotion Policy.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- CDL Class A Required.
- Regular and frequent travel, including overnight.
- Working conditions could contain moderate noise, vibration of vehicle and extreme weather conditions depending on climate.
- The environment encompasses all areas of a distribution center, transportation department, shop and customer facilities.
- WORK SAFE HOME SAFE is one of our mottos at McLane Company.
- Your safety and ability to do your job and get home to your family is why all prospective teammates go through a pre-hire screening process.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Associated topics: earning your class a, entry level, inexperienced, new driving, recent graduate, student, trainee, trainee truck driver, training available, truck driver intern
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.