Website Magbee Contractors Supply
Job Description: Truss Driver
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility is to load and unload trucks and safely deliver floor and roof products to customer locations.
- Must follow all applicable DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Insure that product that is billed to the customer is the product delivered by verifying the load.
- Assist pullers with orders if needed.
- Insure that truck is kept clean of trash and debris.
- Perform daily vehicle inspection of truck.
- Attend safety and tool box meetings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of materials that are delivered.
- Excellent driving record with a safety mentality.
- Time management strong ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to read maps as well as recalling directions to frequently visited locations.
- Commitment to Magbee s values and mission.
- Strong self-starter work ethic and commitment to punctuality are a must.
- Ability to effectively adapt to change and thrive in a stimulating, hectic work environment.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Maintain appropriate driver s license for vehicles that are used for deliveries.
- Ability to use and operate a forklift. If you are required, you must go through training, pass the OSHA certification test, and receive an operator s license.
- Previous building materials experience.
- Desire to grow within Magbee beyond your current responsibilities.
Environmental and Physical Working Conditions:
- Must have the ability to lift in excess of 100 pounds occasionally, and in excess of 75 lbs frequently, and in excess of 50 pounds constantly to move material and/or objects, in a range of 50 feet, occasionally 100 feet, in ambient conditions (mud, snow, ice, rain, wind, uphill, downhill).
- Must be able to work sitting (4 hours).
- Must be able to work standing (4 hours).
- Bending, stooping, or squatting to floor level on a repetitive basis.
- Reaching overhead to grasp materials.
- Turning and twisting up to 90 degrees.
- Coordination of Hand-Eye.
- Coordination of Mind-Eye.
- Repetitive wrist, elbow, hand, and finger motion.
- Temperatures below 32 degrees and above 100 degrees during winter and summer seasons (ambient temperatures).
- Subject to nuisance dust periodically.
- Subject to exhaust fumes from forklifts during short periods of time.
- Required to wear steel-toed safety shoes or boots.
- Required to wear hearing protection as outlined in Safety program.
- Required to wear eye protection as outlined in safety program.
- Must have ability to drive multiple types of delivery vehicles.
Associated topics: dispatcher, fleet, manager, manager trainee, operations manager, service manager, supervisor, svce, technician, union
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.