Overview:Transdev is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming.
GoRaleigh, operated by Transdev, is looking for motivated individuals to help maintain our public transportation fleet. These individuals will clean, fuel, and check fluid levels of diesel buses under direct supervision.
Starting Pay: $14.91 hourly
Shift: 5:30pm – 2:00am
- Excellent pay progression- be over $20 hourly in 2 years!
- Full health benefits
- Pension with 6% match
- Potential for overtime
- On site gym, showers and lockers
- Internet cafe, quiet room, TV room and library
- Paid uniforms
- Referral program (earn up to $1,000 per referral!)
- Room for growth into other roles
- Washes exterior of vehicles using power washer and brushes; sweeps and removes trash from vehicles
- Drives, maneuvers, and parks vehicles
- Fuels buses, replenishes fluids, and logs and records all fluids used
- Downloads drive cameras; probes fare boxes
- Performs light maintenance to shop areas, fueling stations, and related facilities
- Reports any maintenance issues to Supervisor
Other duties as required.Qualifications:Education, Licensing, and Certifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, required
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license with a minimum of one year of driving experience and a good driving record
- Must be eligible for and able to obtain a Commercial Drivers License with a Passenger endorsement within 45 days of hire.
- 1 year or more of janitorial or auto detailing experience preferred
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Good oral communication skills
- Ability to read and follow written and spoken instructions
- Ability to read, comprehend, and abide by Material Safety Data Sheets and all other safety training materials provided
- Ability to learn shop processes including fueling vehicles and cleaning vehicles
- Ability to mix and use a variety of cleaning products
- Ability to use a variety of equipment such as buffers, scrubbing machines, and other heavy cleaning equipment
- Strong attention to details
Travel requirement (as a percent): < 5% for occasional meetings
- Must submit to drug testing, physical examination, and a criminal background check
- Less than 10% of work is accomplished in doors and in air condiitoned or well ventilated facilities
- Greater than 90% of work is accomplished in an open garage facility.
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of the arms, repetitive hand wrist motion, and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials.
- May be asked to lift and carry up to 60 pounds.
- May be exposed to cleaning chemicals, you have access to safety protective gear.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Associated topics: business, commercial, coordinator, housing assistant, housing property, lead, manage, manager, manager iii, office manager
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.