Website Colonial Group
The Colonial Family has moved forward together since 1921. Our success in diverse markets is attributable to our exceptional people, who work collectively to create opportunities for our customers and our companies. By consistently investing in the development of our people, we ensure our management, operations, and support teams work seamlessly to deliver the best service in their respective industries.
With the growth of all of the Colonial companies, we look for talented, motivated individuals who want to become part of a company with a culture driven by diversity, innovation, and ingenuity.
Build Your Career, Impact Your Community, Join Our Colonial Family!
Join one of the largest terminals in the Southeast and become a member of our Family of Companies, a Century of Service! The global supply chain affects everyone, help keep the world moving by making a direct impact on a fulfilling industry.
The CTI Dry Bulk Plant Operator is responsible for the loading and unloading of product from vessels, trucks and railcars. Operator will use the Terminal equipment to move product from one mode of transportation to the other.
- Operator will use Terminal equipment to unload dry bulk products from railcars to storage.
- Operate loading equipment to load product from storage to vessel.
- Take product samples from railcars unloaded and vessels loaded for customer.
- Operator will use locomotive to position railcars for unloading.
- Responsible for the safe handling and operation of small equipment such as skid-steer loaders and floor sweepers.
- Responsible for the safe handling and operation of heavy equipment such as front-end loaders, backhoes, and farm tractors.
- Maintain proper paperwork when unloading railcars and loading vessels.
- Can bend, stoop, and lift a 50-pounds, when necessary.
- Setup equipment to receive product into storage silos.
- Help clean equipment after product has been received or shipped.
- Ability to recognize errors and anticipate problems before they occur.
- Must have equal ability to work as part of a high-performance team and as an individual contributor.
- Must follow safety protocols and procedures at all times.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to arrive at work on time with regularity.
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s license.
- Candidate must be able to work OT and weekends, when required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a related field is a plus.
- Must be able to use simple math, have basic computer skills and use a copier.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Candidate must be able to climb a railcar or storage silo ladder and work at heights, when required.
- Must be able to wear a dust respirator/mask at times, when required.
Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
Colonial Group, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer and committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our organizations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $22.00
- Max Hiring Rate $26.75
Associated topics: coordinator, forklift operator, handler, intern, logistics agent, trainee, warehouse agent, warehouse operation, warehouse support, warehouseman
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.