US0061 Sysco Lincoln, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
Join Us for our National Hiring Event!
Wednesday, November 10, 2021 at 3pm-7pm
Saturday, November 13, 2021 at 8am-12pm
Location: 900 Kingbird Rd, Lincoln, NE 68521
This is a warehouse position responsible for operating an electric pallet jack, or forklift, to select the correct products, labeling product using Sysco Order Selection (SOS) label technology, palletizing product to build customer orders and delivering the product to the dock safely and efficiently. This position requires working 6:00 p.m. until end-of-shift with all products accurately selected and loaded. Overtime hours and working weekends and holidays are required to successfully fill customers’ orders. The job requires working in areas with temperature and humidity variations based on local weather conditions, and on selecting the environment (dry, cooler, freezer).
- Hand select orders within various warehouse environments of fluctuating temperatures, including dry, cooler, and freezer.
- Operate assigned Sysco Order Selection (SOS) unit to create labels and correctly place labels on product.
- Stack product on pallets following proper selecting procedures (for example, no stacking heavy-on-light, labels facing out, etc.).
- Engage an electric pallet jack, or forklift, to transport products.
- Stage pallets for loading on proper dock locations.
- Follows SyscoSafe preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Adhere to sanitation requirements to comply with the policy set forth by the company and by AIB (American Institute of Baking).
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to pallet jack, SOS unit, and personal protective equipment.
- Perform pre- and post-trip inspections, and safely operate all mechanical equipment.
- Shrink-wrap product on the loading dock.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent.
- 3 months’ warehouse experience preferred.
- 3 months’ experience operating an electric pallet jack or forklift preferred.
- Previous experience at Sysco or in the food service industry preferred.
- 18+ years of age.
- Submit to pre-employment testing (Drug Screening, Background Check, Physical Abilities Test).
- Ability to meet or exceed minimum efficiency levels established through an engineered production standard.
- Able to work rapidly at a constant pace for the entire shift, in a fast-paced environment.
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals.
- Develop a good working knowledge of the product, placement, and inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively as it relates to the job and the safety regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently lift product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds.
- Regularly reach up to 72 inches.
- Constantly bend and twist while operating a pallet jack and/or forklift, retrieving items from lower shelf areas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires working overtime hours, working weekends, and holidays.
- Requires working in areas with temperature and humidity variations based on local weather conditions, and on selecting the environment (Dry, Cooler, Freezer).
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
In the coming weeks, you will receive information in the mail confirming your benefits eligibility and the enrollment process. In the meantime, you may visit to learn more.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Associated topics: forklift operator, fulfillment, handler, logistics, logistics engineer, servicer, unloader, warehouse agent, warehouse intern, warehouse operation
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.