Website Prestige Care
What does the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) do?
This is the start of a beautiful, timeless, and fruitful career in the healthcare field with a industry leader. As a CNA, you would be providing quality nursing care to residents, collaborating with other nurses and clinical professional, coordinating care within the department, reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor and assisting our residents in whatever capacity they need. You would be utilizing Point Click Care (PCC), our EMR to document change of condition and to view care plans for our residents. In short, this is the jump off point to a career with the Prestige Care Family in a clinical setting.
In this job, every day you will
1. Provide quality nursing care to residents in an environment which promotes resident rights, dignity, freedom of choice, and their individuality while providing individualized attention and encouraging residents to maintain or attain the highest practical physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being and answering residents call lights promptly and courteously.
2. Ensure that individualized care plans are followed and providing the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information, changes and observations of the residents needs and preferences.
3. Attends to the individual needs of residents including assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care, toileting, colostomy care, prosthetic appliances, transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communicating, or other needs in keeping with the individuals care requirements.
4. Provides care that maintains each resident s skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears, and other damage by changing incontinent residents, turning, repositioning immobile residents, and applying moisturizers to fragile skin.
5. Protects the personal belongings of each resident including eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids, furnishings, jewelry, clothing, memorabilia, etc.
6. Performs various tasks assigned by the charge nurse including vital signs, residents weights, applying creams/ointments, collecting specimens, as well as lifting, moving, and transporting residents, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention.
7. Responsible for keeping records documenting care provided or other information in keeping with department policies while performing all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated, and proper disposal of soiled materials.
Education & Experience you need to qualify:
- A high school diploma or equivalent. Must hold current Certification in the specific state in which you wish to practice, or, be eligible to obtain certification within four months of employment.
- Basic knowledge and skills utilizing care tracking systems or electronic medical record systems.
- A minimum of three months prior nursing assistant experience in long-term care preferred.
Why join the Prestige Care Family in the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) role and what can we offer you?
- We are a 35+ year old, family owned and operated organization that has a strong promote from within culture. We have a defined career path for you to take, if you want to move up.
- Many locations so you can move up sooner, into leadership roles, where you can have greater job titles, make more money, and have a larger impact.
- Robust and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, EAP, 401k match, employer paid life and disability insurance, and more.
- Accessible and engaging local and regional nursing support staff to bounce ideas off of, get additional guidance + training, and partnership to allow you to be a high performer.
- Lots of training and support from the Resident Care Managers, Staff Development Coordinators, Registered Nurses, and Directors of Nursing.
Ways you can advance beyond the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) role:
Once you master this role, you could consider the Lead CNA, Central Supply Coordinator, or with additional education, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Registered Nurse (RN) or other more clinical jobs with Prestige Care.
EOE/M/F/VETS/DISABLED At Prestige, it is our promise to personally touch lives every day. It is a philosophy of caring based on our core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect, that are at the center of all that we do. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce that represents all of us, coming from different experiences, cultures, backgrounds, and viewpoints. Inclusion is the way we treat one another and how we celebrate what makes us different.
Who Is Prestige Care?
Prestige Care is a family of over 75 skilled nursing + post-acute care centers, as well as assisted living and memory care communities in 8 Western states. We are an organization of over 5,000 team members who serve thousands of residents, where we have the privilege of personally touching their lives every day.
We have four core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect that guide everything that we do. With a strong commitment to career development and advancement, Prestige Care is a employer that can help you achieve your career goals and objectives. With a healthcare career at Prestige Care, you will enjoy a collaborative, team-oriented environment where your work truly matters at the end of every day.
Associated topics: anesthetist, aprn, arnp, arnp c, clinical, english, family nurse practioner, locum, prac, specialis
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs2careers.com.